Sixteen | You're A What!

"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."
Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

—•—

Veronica

"Are you following me?" I paused before continuing, "again."

"Can't a man get a smoothie, without being questioned." He grinned out, walking towards the booth I was in.

"Wait, how did you know that is my middle name?" I said startled.

"Mmm, Orange and Papaya." He moaned out drinking some of my smoothie.

"Mine." I grabbed onto it getting another straw and drinking the rest of it before he could drink it all.

He looked at the menu, as I continued to give a confused face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

"I told you, to get a smoothie." He stood up going to the counter just passing Ross.

"I can cancel the order and we can go if you want." He said coming to my side.

"No, it's fine." I wasn't going to leave just because I disliked the guy. I was hungry, I was here first and I really wanted that burger.

"Ross." Tyler said drinking his smoothie, how did he get his quicker then my food. Probably his magnificent looks.

I may hate the guy, but even God could see that his looks made every model in the universe to shame. As if he was sculpted by some sculptor from the sixteen hundreds. Don't give that look to me. This is why I chose geography and not history.

"Can I talk to Veronica on her own?" Tyler told me. Looking directly at Ross.

"Wherever she goes I go." Ross said.

"It's fine, Ross." I stood up giving a reassuring look.

"You should really keep that guy on a lead, he looked as if he would bite me." Tyler said giving a sly look.

"I'd happily take any criticism but don't talk about my friend like that." I crossed my arms.

"So you're that kind of person."

"What kind of person?" I said confused.

"The kind of person to allow people talk about themselves then let people hurt their friends. Too allow people to hurt you, but not anybody else. The person to take the first blow in an argument and then the rest so not even one bullet can even skim fast their friends. You're the type of person who put their feelings aside, who get's hurt, so other people don't."

I stood in awe as he finished, I was that type of person. Too put aside my feelings. That was just the type of person I am. He clearly disliked it.

"What do you want?" I asked changing the subject.

"That night, the night I took you home in a couple of seconds."