Eleven | Giraffe VS Creep

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

—•—

Veronica

Too say I was worried for Ross was an understatement, I was more than worried, I was distraught, distressed even nervous. I was hoping that this game would go good. It was Tyler's first day and he already wanted to compete against Ross.

The game had started and all I knew was that Tyler had the ball. Their heights were such an advantage if they both teamed up and played against some of the midgets in the freshman class.

Tyler shout up and I got a good glimpse of his torso, of his tanned skin. His torso showing a v-line, that made me melt a bit. Ross' basketball tank was to long, so it was mostly the muscles on his hand you could see.

But Tyler with his short sleeved top, put Ross to shame. All the cheerleaders and basketball team had sat down. The coach looked like he had given up on life itself.

Mostly everyone was staring at the two of them, I kept a watch on the amount of baskets being shot. Which was only one to Ross and two to Tyler. Which made my stomach clench.

I wrapped my arms around each other putting it closer to my sore stomach.

"Are you ok?" Tyler mouthed to me, as he took the ball away from Ross, scoring again.

"Fine." I mouthed back, putting my concentration back on the ground.

This better not be period cramps. If it was seven days of actual torture. That's why I must have felt ill this morning. I found the paracetamol tablet, making sure it was and got my water that had half fallen on the ground because of Tyler.

I chugged it down, resting my head in my hands.

"What's the score?" I asked a random cheerleader.

"Ross is on 5, Tyler is on 7." I felt my stomach clench again. Ross better win, I didn't need a Tyler near me every second of the day.

"Thanks." I told her. She smiled back and I saw Justin behind me, I leaned my head against his knees, as I looked at the ceiling, I saw the blurry ceiling.

Did my contacts fall out?

They better not have. I quickly went to the bathroom. Shooting my finger into my eye. I found one in my right eye but none in my other one. I had no spare contacts so I quickly shuffled my hand through my bag finding my glasses case. I found the black case contained the black rimmed glasses. I hadn't worn them in a month.

Contacts where so much easier and they didn't give me headaches like glasses did, I put them on walking outside back to the game.

"Score." I asked Justin this time, putting my head against his knees again.

"Ross on 8, Tyler on 8." Ross had catched up, thank go.

I looked back at the game and saw Tyler staring at me, he didn't even have the ball, he just stood their staring. I heard someone shout Tyler's name and he went back getting the ball off Ross and easily shooting again.

This game was getting close if Tyler shot again, Ross will have lost, and if couch saw, well let's just say Ross may even be cut from the team.

I heard people cheering for Tyler, so I started shouting for Ross. He was my beat friend. I saw Ross give a small smile, he looked scared. He looked like he wouldn't be able to win.

"You can do this Ross." I shouted again.

Making Tyler turn to me, giving a sly smile. As if he knew he had one the game.

"Wait." I heard Ryan shout.

"What." Tyler shouted back.

"You're clearly some superior being, whose amazing at Basketball, let's change it to 15 baskets and I'll play with Ross." Ryan said standing up.

Now Tyler was doomed. Tyler was on nine and Ross on eight. With the help of Ryan, Tyler was going to lose. It was obvious.

"Sure." Tyler said with confidence.

"Sarah." I heard Kayla shout, she ran to Sarah and Lexi sitting next to them and asking what was happening.

"Ross is going to win, nobody can beat him and with Ryan, that Tyler guy ain't gonna win." Kayla said with a squeaky voice.

"Tyler's hot though." I heard Sarah say.

"Not as hot as Ross." Kayla still had her major crush on him though.

Sam once threw a pencil at Kayla when she told me she liked Ross. Sam was at the door and threw a pencil. Kayla thought that it was Justin. Because she thinks Justin is immature enough to do, just because he put hair dye in the shampoo once and I had red hair and Kayla got brown hair. It lasted a week before Kayla got her silky jet black hair back and I got my curly brown hair back.

The score was so close, Ross and Ryan on eleven and Tyler on twelve. It always seemed as if Tyler was always ahead of the game. He had so much confidence that he knew he was going to win. No justifying it, he was an egotistical jerk face.

I shouted for Ross and Ryan this time. Tyler giving the same sly smile back to me, as he shooted again. Eleven : Thirteen, my stomach started hurting again, I should've checked if I was on my period. Dumb Veronica.

"No." I internally screamed as Tyler shot another. Ryan had got the ball and was about to shoot when of course Tyler had to come and score another point.

"Sorry man." Tyler said as he walked back to me, I gave his jacket that had been on my lap. I gave it back to him, as Ross and Ryan looked as if they had died.

"You look good with glasses." He complimented me.

"First compliment ever." I said groggily out.

He gave a small laugh, and sat beside me.

The boys went back to practice and the girls did their practice.

"Veronica, Ryan and I need to talk to you." Ross said, I got up trying not to fall asleep as I walked with them.

"Who is Tyler?" Ryan said getting straight to the point.

—•—

Hey guys, posting early, as I am busy afterwards.

Hope you liked the part.

//How do you guys release stress?//

Ria