Seven | Coffee Conversations

"Some walks you have to take alone."
Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

—•—

Veronica

"Tyler." He said smiling.

"Veronica." I smiled back.

"Why are you following me?" I asked.

"Who says I'm following you, there are many people I could be 'following.'" He said questioning me.

"Not many, you where at the party, and at school." I questioned.

"Many people there." He said not looking in my eyes.

"No, you wouldn't have met with me to tell me how 'you weren't following me.'" I said confused.

"I was, only for your own good." He leaned back, I could feel his leg skim my own.

"My own good, you sound like my mother." I said shocked.

"I'm worse than your mother." His voice hardening, it made me shiver. His eyes showing hidden truths and no mercy.

"Why where you following me?" I repeated my earlier question.

"Because I have to."

"By who?" I took a sip of the coffee I had ordered.

"You'd never believe me." He tilted his head back, giving out a big yawn.

"If you don't tell me, I'll call the cops about a stalker." I crossed my arms showing some authority.

"You wouldn't call them and you'll find out soon." He looked back at me.

"When?"

"Soon!"

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at Tyler, he had prominent features that made me curl up inside but when he spoke, all I could think was how arrogant this guy could get, thinking he knew what was best for me.

"If that's all, I'll see you in Chem tomorrow morning." He said smiling.

"You're joining the school." I stayed sat as he rose.

"How else can I protect you? Sweetheart." He said smiling at the sweetheart, did he expect me to think that he wasn't a creepy teenager.

"You're not protecting me." I stood up facing his tall stature.

"Off course I am." He insisted.

"No your not." I said walking past him.

"I am." He catched up to me.

"Bye." I said not waving and getting to the bus stop.

"Want a ride?" He asked.

"I'm fine with the bus."

"What if someone kidnap's you, then I won't be doing my job." He persisted.