Chapter 23

Sorry for not updating frequently. I have been working on "Life of an assassin," a new book I have started. So now that I have more than one book going at a time, chapters are gonna take longer to complete. I hope you guys don't really care how long it takes- or maybe it's the way I just said that... Anyway, leave tips in the comments about this chapter. I want some feedback people.

So, I'm also thinking about starting a fan fic of "The Finisher" by David Baldacci. So I'm not going to keep you waiting anymore... Reading about my boring life... Go onto reading my little warriors!

Chapter 23

It felt like we have been walking for days. My paws hurt terribly. I watched as the sun went down. I saw Owlstar turn to look at us at the front. "I have decided, and we will stop to rest for the night!" He called.

Every cat looked pleased. We all crouched in a large section of heather, hidden. Soon, I fell off into a deep sleep. 

The next day, right at sunrise we started moving again. My paws were really sore from all this walking. Can't we just have a days rest?

We started to walk across the open moor. I saw that mountains laid ahead of us. I raced over to Spottedfall. 

I looked at the map patch on her shoulder. The edges looked sharp, just like edges of mountains

"I think we are suppost to live in the mountains." I declared. 

"This patch does not look smooth, and the edges look sharp, like the peaks of those mountains over there." I explained. 

"Lets settle in the mountains!" Some cat declared. 

Most of the group agreed. We all trotted on. As the mountains grew closer, they seemed bigger. But according to me, it always seemed a sky length away. Soon enough, the mountains seemed really close. The group burst forward, racing at top speed towards the mountains. It was so exciting! My paws soon began to hurt, so I slowed my pace a bit. The cats whipped by me. I saw that that were growing a large distance ahead of me. "Slow down!" I shouted. 

A heard growls. I whipped my head around, and saw dogs not far behind me. I saw that they had their gazes locked on me. I was their target. "HELP!" I shouted, trying to run as fast as my paws could take me. It seemed the group was getting even farther ahead. "HELP!"

I saw Miststar whip around, and her gaze met mine. She saw the fear in my eyes, and then stared, and gasped at the dogs. "HELP!" Miststar screeched. "Dogs!" Miststar bolted away from the group, and racing towards me. She slowed beside me, and raced along beside me, matching my speed. 

"We can't run forever." I gasped. Owlstar had saw that dogs were chasing us. As they were running ahead, I saw Owlstar ordering something. I automaticly saw cats bolt out from both sides of the group. The cats who were separated from the group, I could tell were Windclan cats. The way their pelts blended in with the moor, and how swiftly they ran. 

I tripped on a bramble, which I had not seen sticking out of the ground as I stared at the Windclan cats. I knew I had seconds to get up. As soon as I got to my paws, a dog leaped at me with snarling and barking, and picked me up in its jaws. 

"NO!" I heard Miststar screech, flinging herself at the dog. 

The dog shook me violently, and whipped me way across the moor. I felt myself thump against the ground, and I lay still. It felt as if every bone in my body was broken. 

Miststar's POV

I snarled at the dog as I tore at it's head. I could hear it snarling and snapping at me, and I knew it couldn't reach me. I clung onto it's head, tearing off peices of fur. The dog finally gave up, flung me off it, and fled. I jumped onto the next dog, helping a Windclan named Hollowstone tear at the dog. That dog fled, and the other Windclan cats fought off the other dogs. "Where's Pebblestar?" I gasped.