Chapter 18

So here it is! I had just finished my math test today... Such a calming sound that it is out of my way :3 Since I do not have much to say, I'm just going to wish you all a Merry christmas!

____

Chapter 18: 

Pebblestar scrambled to her paws, and gazed around wildly. Badgerfang was charging towards her. "Your not escaping missy!" He yowled. Pebblestar spun around in horror, and bolted into the pine forest. She had no idea where she was heading. 

She risked a glance over her shoulder, and saw that Badgerfang was not far behind her. She put in another boost of energy, and flung herself forward. Then, Water roared in her ears as the pine trees suddenly ended, and there was a open grassy space. She gasped, scrambling to a halt, only a couple tail-lengths away from falling off the edge of the gorge. She looked down, and sevral tail lengths down, water pushed and pushed, and if any cat fell in there, it would be almost impossible to swim out. EVEN, If you were a riverclan cat. 

She turned around, and saw Badgerfang still running towards her at full speed. He was going to fall if he didn't stop! 

"Stop!!! Stop!!!" Screeched Pebblestar, But Badgerfang didn't stop. 

She raced head on him, and knocked him off his paws, pinning him down. "You fox-dung! Don't you even know your own territory!" Snarled Pebblestar. She shoved his muzzle in the direction of the gorge. 

Badgerfang scrambled for words. "I- I- I forgot..." He said innicontly. Pebblestar knew something was up. She reared up on her hind legs, just as she missed a blow onto her muzzle by him. She smashed her front paws onto him, raking her claws down his side. 

Badgerfang flung her off, and she landed less than a tail length away from the water. Pebblestar raced past him, and back into the pine forest. She would tell he was following her, because she heard thumping foot steps on the forest floor chasing her. 

She raced up a tree, And gazed down at Badgerfang. Badgerfang smashed into the tree, muzzle first. 

Pebblestar raked her claws through a heavy branch above Badgerfang, And the branch fell ontop of him. Pebblestar purred, amused. 

Badgerfang poked his head through the branches, looked around. He didn't know she was in the tree. He stood up, shook his pelt, and scented the air. The moment he froze, Pebblestar pounced and landed ontop of him. They tussled and tussled around. She heard water again. Only this time it was a bit smoother. A couple heart-beats passed, and both cats landed in the water with a huge splash. 

She stuggled away from Badgerfang, and was swept along with the current. She threw her paws around, hoping to find a place to grip. She couldn't find anywhere on the bottom to grip.

Bottom? There was no bottom! She paniced, and thrashed around. She felt teeth meet her scruff, and start pulling her through the water. 

When she felt grass beneath her, she collaped onto the ground. She peeked open one eye, And saw Jayflight, a 4 moon old warrior standing by her. "Just rest Pebblestar. Cherryfur and Miststar are on their way." He murmured.

She closed her eyes. When she opened them, she thought she might have had a nap. Cherryfur was looking over her, while Miststar stood near by. "Are you alright Pebblestar?" Asked Miststar. 

"Yes.. I'm fine..." Coughed Pebblestar.

"Shhhh... Just rest." Meowed Cherryfur. 

Pebblestar closed her eyes. She soon felt sleep overwhelm her.