Chapter 2 & 3

Chapter 2

"Mountains..... Mountains............" mumbled Spottedfall then shot her head up and leaped to her paws.

She glanced around and saw Sageberry waiting for her. She scrambled over to Sageberry. "Sageberry! We must get back to thunderclan camp! Dewfoot has a really deadly sickness getting worst and worst by each quarter moon!" She spun around and raced towards the camp.

                                                                                        ***

Spottedfall rushed through the bushes with Sageberry right on her tail. "Wait up!" Called Sageberry, but Spottedfall didn't stop.

Spottedfall pushed ahead and saw the entrance to the camp. She pushed through the entrance and looked around for Dewfoot.

She saw him limping towards the fresh kill pile. 'Is his deadly sickness so bad he's limping?' She rushed over to meet Dewfoot. "Is everything alright?" Spottedfall asked Dewfoot.

"It's only that i'm limping a bit. I don't know why though." Replied Dewfoot. "Dewfoot. you-" She paused wondering if she should tell him. 'no. It would set him over reacting.' She thought to herself.  "I think you should grab some prey and rest in my and Sageberry's den. You know Sageberry, She'll want to know if you are okay." She continued carefully.

"Oh alright i'll be there in a moment. Spottedfall rushed off.

Spottedfall headed for Sageberry, who just entered the camp. "I was going to tell him he had a deadly sickness, but i decided not no. Oh and I also sent him to rest in our den  so we can keep an eye on him." She told Sageberry.

"Alright. Thats fine thank you." Answered Sageberry. "I'm going to get Pebblepaw to collect some herbs with me is that okay?" asked Spottedfall.

"Sure. Why not?" Replied Sageberry with a purr rumbling in her throat.

Spottedfall trotted off to find Pebblepaw. She saw Pebblepaw sitting with her mentor, Splashfur. She trotted over to them. "Hi Spottedfall!" Greeted Pebblepaw.

"Hi. I was wondering if you wanted to collect herbs with me Pebblepaw. "Splashfur, can I?" Pebblepaw asked her mentor. "Sure go ahead. But be back before sun down. I want to teach you night tracking skills." Replied Splashfur.

"Alright Splashfur!" Meowed Pebblepaw and both cats headed for the entrance. 

                                                                                Chapter 3

Pebblepaw rushed through the forest beside Spottedfall. The trees and bushes whipped by her, At the edge of her vision, she saw a plant.

She skidded to a halt, and turned around. Spottedfall spun around to follow her. Pebblepaw trotted up to a bush. She sniffed some purple berries. "Whats these?" Asked Pebblepaw. "Those berries are called jupinder berries. They are used if your belly hurts." Replied Spottedfall.

Spottedfall stalked up to the berries and nipped a few off. She gazed around as Spottedfall checked the berries. She ran over to a plant with large leaves. She bit off five and then trotted over to Spottedfall. She dropped the leaves and then layed one out. "You can use these to carry those berries back." Meowed Pebblepaw.

"Good thinking" Answered Spottedfall and then wrapped the berries in one leaf.

Pebblepaw picked up the bundle gently, and then Spottedfall picked up the other leaves. They trotted off and then came across the old twoleg nest.

 Spottedfall set down the leaves. "Wait here." Spottedfall meowed. Pebblepaw nodded. Then Spottedfall hopped into the garden.

Pebblepaw set down the bundle. 'Maybe Spottedfall would like cobwebs?' She grabbed one of the leaves and carries it into the old twoleg nest. She gazed around at the broken walls and damaged floors. She trotted over to a corner.

She reared up on her hind paws, and grabbed some cobweb. She stuck all the cobweb on the giant leaf. And reared up and grabbed a whole chunk this time. Then she stuck that to the leaf.

Then, she wrapped up the leaf and carried it out of the twoleg nest. Spottedfall had just hopped out of the twoleg garden carrying a chunk of catmint. Spottedfall wrapped the catmint up in a leaf, and then looked up at Pebblepaw carrying the bundle of cobwebs.

"Great job! You found a lot of cobweb! We'll need that if theres a battle coming soon." Meowed Spottedfall. "Now... All I want to do is really go back to that area you found these huge leaves." Spottedfall meowed.

"Alright. I'll lead the way because I remember exactly where they where." Replied Pebblepaw. Spottedfall nodded and Pebblepaw got on her paws and looked around. She pictured the huge leaves by the Shadowclan border. 'We'll have to pass by the camp... Why not drop the herbs off?' she thought to herself.

"Hey Spottedfall I had an idea. The leaves are on the Shadowclan border, and we would have to pass by the camp. So why don't we drop the herbs we have off and then go looking for huge leaves?" Asked Pebblepaw. "You know what, thats a great idea we'll head for the camp now, Untill we get to the camp, I'll lead the way." Answered Spottedfall and headed in the direction of the Thunderclan camp.

Pebblepaw followed her. Her and Spottedfall carried the small bundles. As they neared the camp, Pebblepaw could smell the scent of cats getting stronger and stronger.

"I'll wait out here for you." Meowed Pebblepaw to Spottedfall. Pebblepaw dropped her bundles and Spottedfall picked them up and carried them through the entrance to the camp.

Pebblepaw waited and a couple moments later Spottedfall returned. Spottedfall nodded and then Pebblepaw ran off into the bushes with Spottedfall following her. She found their old scent trail, and she started following it. Pebblepaw put all her energy into it and rushed through a bush. She skidded to a halt. A couple moments later Spottedfall bolted through the bushed and crashed into her. The two of them stumbled down beside the stream. Pebblepaw got up, and then Spottedfall got up.  Pebblepaw trotted over to the patch of leaves. 

"There these are it." Meowed Pebblepaw. Spottedfall nipped off some, "Alright I'm going to head back to the camp. You coming?" Asked Spottedfall. Pebblepaw nodded. Together, Both cats headed in the direction of camp with their mouths full of huge leaves.