Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Pebblepaw slowly followed Spottedfall back. "Hey!" A new voce spoke to her. "Come here for a minute!" meowed the voice again. Pebblepaw looked around. "Hey Spottedfall! I'll catch up in a minute!" She called to Spottedfall. Spottedfall nodded and sped off.

Pebblepaw looked around. She wondered where the voice come from. Then, suddenly a cat stepped out of a bush. "Who are you?" Asked Pebblepaw. "No time for that now. I'll tell you later." Meowed the cat who appeared black.

Suddenly there was rustling in the bushes. "Something dangerous is near by. Its following that cat you called Spottedfall.

You must save her from it! She can't fight it alone!" meowed the black cat. The rustling in the bushes dissapeared and the noise went in the direction of where Spottedfall went.

"I'll help you fight it" explained the black cat quickly. Then Pebblepaw took off in the direction Spottedfall went.

She heard a screech and ran faster. "Now, there is a badger, its cornering Spottedfall. You need to stop it! Now listen, When your close enough to the badger, jump on its back and get a grip."  Meowed the black cat in her head. She burst through the bush and saw a badger cornering Spottedfall. 

Pebblepaw leaped in the air and landed on the badgers back getting a grip in its neck.

"Good good. Now sink your teeth into its neck." Said the cat.

Pebblepaw sunk her teeth into the badgers neck. Then, She started ignoring the black cat. She swipes at the badgers muzzle, and it threw her off its back.

She got up again and knocked it side ways. The badger got up and ran off. "How did you do that Pebblepaw???" Asked Spottedfall. "I would have been crow food if you didn't show up!" Exclaimed Spottedfall.

"Well... I uhh kinda heared your scream and came running." Pepplepaw meowed, proud of her self. She gazed around and spotted what she was lookinf for.

She ran over and scooped up the scattered huge leaves. She trotted over to Spottedfall and handed them to her. Then she heared cats yowling she looked over and ten cats charged through the bushes. 

'It looked like the clan heard the battle.' she though to herself. On the patrol there was Eagleheart her mother,  Ashcloud, Twistedjaw, Froststorm, Hawkgaze, Mothstripe, Mistyheart, Stoneclaw, Featherwind and at the lead of the patrol was Sharpfang. 

 "Whats going on here? We heard Spottedfall screech!" Demanded Sharpfang.

"A badger cornered me and I though I would have died but then Pebblepaw popped out of no where and fought the badger. She badger ended up fleeing, but non of us were really harmed, exept that Pebblepaw got flung off the badger." Spottedfall explained.

"Oh then very well done Pebblepaw. All that matters is that you two are okay and the badger is gone." Meowed Sharpfang

                                                                                     ***

The cats walked back to camp. Pebblepaw helped Spottedfall carry all the leaves back. Luckly, this time none of the cats were harmed. They all walked back to camp in silence.

A squirrel ate a nut on the branches above their heads. She tapped Stoneclaw with her tail signaling towards the squirrel. He nodded and climed up one tree near the squirrel. Pebblepaw then climbed up the other tree the squirrel was sitting on. 

Pebblepaw placed her paws down lightly on the branch. This squirrel is really plump. Its going to be really easy to catch.

She slowly places her paws down on the branch gently, trying not to make the branch move. When she was close enough, she pounced at the squirrel.

Stoneclaw leaped infront of the squirrel, making it turn around and run right into Pebblepaw.

Pebblepaw grabbed the squirrel and bit down hard into it. 'what a fine catch' she thought. She and Stoneclaw jumped down from the tree.