Chapter 14

And now to find out who the deputy will be...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"The new deputy of Amberclan shall be Pebblestream. Now since she has not had her apprentice yet, She shall be mentor to young Treepaw, Who has sadly lost his mentor, Sharpfang in the battle." Meowed Bramblestar. 

No cat objected. There was silence for a few moments. "Pebblestream! Pebblestream!" Then the clan cheered her name. 

______________________

Pebblestream ordered out patrols. She realized that her mother, Eagleheart was growing old. She would be retiring to the elders den soon.

Pebblestream took Blizzardclaw, Stoneclaw and Rabbitpaw on the border near the twoleg place. She heard a yelp from Rabbitpaw, and Rabbitpaw stumbled over something. (Yes... This next part is going to be ridiculaus and no way it would ever appear in the books)

Pebblestream leaped over towards Rabbitpaw, and stared at what she had tripped over. 

"What are those things??" Asked Rabbitpaw. 

"I don't know." Replied Pebblestream. It looks like a twoleg thing, And it has a shiny, hard gray pelt with small holes near the bottom of it, with a tendril sticking straight out from the top of it. There was also a button on them...

Rabbitpaw was pawing at one of the twoleg things. Pebblestream pressed a button down with her paw. "Theres buttons on these!" Exclaimed Pebblestream, As she spoke, Rabbitpaw leaped back, and shot up a tree, hissing. "Whats the matter Rabbitpaw?" Asked Pebblestream. 

"I- I- It talked!!!" Yelped Rabbitpaw. 'hm...' Though Pebblestream. Pebblestream pressed the button again, and spoke into the holes, and her voice came out the other twoleg thing. She pricked her ears. She heard faint yowling getting louder and louder. She saw a bunch of twolegs, racing towards them. There was one fully grown twoleg and 5 twoleg kits. 

One kit raced forward, and started screeching as they saw the cats. All the twoleg kits raced towards them. "Climb a tree!!!!" Yowled Pebblestream. Stoneclaw and Blizzardclaw scrambled up a tree.

Pebblestream started racing along side Rabbitpaw. Rabbitpaw stumbled, and landed with a thump on the ground infront of a twoleg kit. The twoleg kit scooped Rabbitpaw up. She heard Rabbitpaw yelp in pain, and see her leg get pulled. Pebblestream let out an angry yowl, trying to sound scary. 

She twoleg kits stared at her. Pebblestream leaped up on her hind paws, and hissed and growled threatenly, Slashing the air with her claws. 

The twoleg kits screeched, Dropped Rabbitpaw, and ran.

Pebblestream rushed over to Rabbitpaw.

"My leg hurts!" Moaned Rabbitpaw. 

"I think you just pulled it Rabbitpaw." Resurred Pebblestream. 

Pebblestream let Rabbitpaw lean on her shoulder, and together the patrol made their way back to the camp.

Pebblestream led Rabbitpaw to the medicine den, And then Rabbitpaw plopped down in the moss. 

"What happended???" Spottedfall demanded. "Twolegs happended. A twoleg kit caught her and picked her up and pulled her leg." Meowed Pebblestream. Spottedfall nodded.

"I'll look at her. You go back to your deputy duties." Meowed Spottedfall. 

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, Join here benath the highledge for a clan meeting!!" Bramblestar's rasping yowl sounded from the highledge.