Chapter 8

Chapter 8

 Pebblestream entered camp, her fur glossy and clean. Pebblestream had been able to esape warrior duties, Only because she had started, To expect a litter of kits! 'Who will I tell my clanmates the father is?' She asked herself. 'I'll just keep it to myself.' she answered herself. 

Pebblestream layed down in the mossy nest in the nursery. Kits stumbled all around her. Brackenkit was crouching behind her. Pebblestream flicked her tail at Brackenkit and the little tom tried to catch her tail. Pebblestream purred with amusement, flicking her tail sideways. Brackenkit made a flying leap and landed right on her tail pinning it down. 

"Great good Brackenkit!" Purred Treekit. "But I bet I can do better!" Replied Treekit. Then suddenly Bramblestar walked through the entrance to the nursery. She heard a tiny pattering of paws and saw Brackenkit and Treekit fling themselfs onto Bramblestar.

Bramblestar purred with amusement. "Roar! I'm a bear!" Growled Bramblestar leaping onto his hind legs. "Ahh!" Yowled the two kits leaping off of him and scrambling behind Pebblestream. Bramblestar ducked back down. "Opps" He purred with a little glimmer in his eyes. "Its okay you two can come out" Meowed Pebblestream purring. "Its only Bramblestar" She flicked her tail at him. 

"Hehe! You scared the life out of Treekit!" Giggled Brackenkit. "Did not!" Replied Treekit. "Did too!" Yowled Brackenkit and both kits started into a tussle and roleld around the nursery. 

"Their a handful" Meowed Pebblestream with a purr i her voice. "Their my kits." Meowed Bramblestar proudly. "Of course they are! Why would they act like you?" Purred Pebblestream.

"Well I'm Shadowclan's leader! And I'm attacking this camp with my strongest warriors!" Yowled Treekit. "Oh no you are not!" Yowled Brackenkit leaping on Treekit. 

The two kits again, Broke into a fight mocking each other. 

*************

Later that day she caught up with Bramblethorn. "Your kits are a pawful" She purred. "Oh I know they are. Bramblestar said when he walked in the nursery earlier, he got attacked by a mound of kits!" Purred Bramblethorn in reply. There was a moments pause. "Are you okay being the only queen taking care of my kits? You know how much of a pawfu-" Meowed Bramblethorn. "Yes of course! Even though sometimes their like a horde of badgers, Their still adorable" Intrupted Pebblestream. 

"Oh and, They will be apprentices in a moon or two either way." Meowed Pebblestream. "And I know you will be proud for them." Meowed Pebblestream. "I know. I am." Replied Bramblethorn. The two she-cats nodded at eachother and Bramblethorn set off towards the warriors den as Pebblestream headed towards the nursery.

Pebblestream lay downin her nest and called Brackenkit and tree kit in the nursery. "But I'm not tired!" The two kits had complained. "But you will be tommrow if you don't sleep now." Replied Pebblestream to their complaint. She watched the two kits settle into their nest. 'Whoever made that nest made it huge! So huge that the two almost apprentices could fit in it. She closed her eyes and drifted off into sleep...

Pebblestream awoke in the morning to Brackenkit and Treekit bouncing around her. "Can we go out now?? Please?" Asked Treekit. "Yeah! I can't stay in here a moment longer!" Boasted Brackenkit. "Alright you two can go but be careful." Warned Pebblestream. 

"We will!" Answered the two kits and bounced off. Pebblestream stood up shaking the moss out of her pelt. She gave herself a quick grooming and trotted out of the nursery. She saw Treekit and Brackenkit playing over by a puddle.