Chapter 25

Jungkook didn't give up. He knew Taehyung kept a secret. And he wouldn't care about that secret if only it had nothing to do with Tiffany.

Even when they were together in her apartment, Jungkook felt that girl became more distant from him. That girl slowly lost her cheerful personality. She often stared at an empty wall and faked her smile whenever Jungkook asked if there was anything bothering her mind.

Jungkook asked Tiffany about Kim Taehyung and if she had found out that that guy was her ex boyfriend or not. But Tiffany only smiled without saying anything.

Jungkook was so tortured by this situation. He wanted to ask if Tiffany still loved her ex boyfriend or not. But he was too scared to ask. He was really scared he would lose that girl if he asked. And what if the answer was a yes?

"Excuse me," Jungkook asked an ahjumma who was sweeping her front yard. "Is that Kim Taehyung's house?" He pointed a house in front of them.

That ahjumma looked at Jungkook. "And who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook. I'm Taehyung's friend." He bowed his head.

Jungkook decided that if he wanted to know about Kim Taehyung, he had to come to Taehyung's hometown.

"Ah, you're Taehyung's friend." That ahjumma nodded. "But Taehyung doesn't live here anymore. I heard he had moved to Seoul."

"That's so bad. I've lost contact with Taehyung for years. We used to exchange letters ten years ago. But he suddenly disappeared." Jungkook started to think he had a talent to become a liar.

That ahjumma sighed. "Ten years ago...." She mumbled.

"Is there something wrong? Did anything happen to Taehyung? His house seems to be empty."

"Everything is a tragedy. Taehyung was a good kid. He was just unfortunate." That ahjumma seemed to reminisce about something.

"Ahjumma, what happened to Taehyung?"

That woman looked at Jungkook. If this nice guy was Taehyung's friend, perhaps he had the right to know about what happened to that poor guy. "Taehyung killed someone ten years ago."

........................................................................

"Yah, Kim Taehyung!" Jungkook hastily ran towards Taehyung who was about to leave SM building.
"Don't go, I have to talk to you!" Jungkook tried to stop Taehyung from leaving.

Taehyung stared at Jungkook. What now?

"I know who you are." Jungkook hissed.

Taehyung looked around him, it was past midnight, but SM building was never empty. He stared at Jungkook. "Let's talk somewhere else."

Jungkook closed his studio door. "I don't wanna see a murderer near Tiffany."

Taehyung smirked. "I'm not near Tiffany. I don't even know where she is right now."

"Bastard!" Jungkook glowered.  "I don't want to see a murderer in SM. You should leave or I'll tell my uncle about who you really are."

"I never have any intention to resign." Taehyung crossed his arms. "And if you want to tell everyone about my past, go ahead. But it will only backfire on Tiffany." He smiled. "What will happen to Tiffany's reputation if everybody knows she had a murderer as her ex boyfriend?"

"You," Jungkook pointed at Taehyung. He was too pissed off to say a word. Jungkook tightened his mouth. "What do you want from Tiffany? Are you here to make her confused? Scared? Are you trying to blackmail her? Is that your intention, huh?!" Jungkook shouted. He now understood why Tiffany seemed to be depressed these days. Taehyung must've threatened that poor girl.