Chapter 15

Daegu, 10 Years Ago

Tiffany didn't come to school after her adventure with Taehyung in Apsan Park the other day. Her father insisted on transferring her to California, but Tiffany kept refusing. She cried the whole night. She refused to eat. And the next morning she had a high fever.

Tiffany was sick for almost three days. Her father wanted to bring her to the hospital, but that young teenager refused it. She even refused to talk to her father. She faced the wall everytime that old man visited her room.

"Fany ah," her father gently touched her shoulder, but Tifany pretended to be sleeping. Mr. Hwang knew how stubborn his daughter could be if she had a will. "You still refuse to eat? You're just hurting yourself." He said.

I don't care! Tiffany closed her eyes. She would hurt herself if she wanted. Her father wouldn't have to care about it. He didn't understand what she felt. Her father only knew what he thought was right. But he didn't understand what she knew was right for her.

"Hhhh...." Mr. Hwang sighed. "If you keep acting like this, you'll only miss your lessons at school."

Who cares!? Didn't her father want to transfer her to California? Why would he care about her lessons here?

"Your teacher asked me when you will go back to school. He'll visit us tomorrow."

Let him come. I don't care. Tiffany still didn't move.

That old man seemed to be desperate. His daughter needed to eat something.

"Tiffany, please eat something. If you don't eat, Daddy will have to take you the hospital."

Let her father take her anywhere, no one could force her to eat.

"Do you really want to die?" That man gritted his teeth. He knew Tiffany was really stubborn, but this had gone too far.

"Just let me die! Why would I live if Daddy still want to send me to California? Daddy don't want me here, right?" That young teenager shouted.

"Fany ah! Daddy just wants what's best for you. If you stay here---"

Tiffany turned around. "Daddy only wants what's best for daddy, but not for me. Daddy doesn't care whether I'm happy or not. Daddy only wants what daddy wants."

Mr. Hwang saw how pale and thin his youngest daughter had become. Her eyes were red and swollen for crying too much. He couldn't stand to see that girl suffer like that. Tiffany was his pearl, his precious gem. He only wanted her to be happy.

"Do you promise me that you will eat if I let you stay?"

Tiffany couldn't believe her ears. She nodded. Staying in Daegu was her only wish. She would eat all foods her father offered her if that meant she didn't have to move to California.

Two days later Tiffany came to school. She had missed that place so much. She had missed her friends. And most of all, she had missed Taehyung more than any words could say. But she would scold that guy first.

Tiffany was really upset that Taehyung had never called her or sent her text messages. Tiffany had expected her boyfriend to shower her with his attention while she had to stay in her bed. She had hoped that handsome boy would ask why she hadn't come to school and told her that he missed her like crazy. Tiffany had wanted to see how worried Taehyung about her. But that boy had let her down.

Tiffany had tried to reach Taehyung on the phone, but his phone was inactive. Tiffany had texted Sooyoung and asked if something had happened to her boyfriend. But her classmate said nothing happened to Taehyung. He was still as weird as he had always been: spacing out and sleeping during classes.