Chapter 14

Seoul, 2 Years Ago

Tiffany didn't know how many drink she had drunk. She wanted to forget about all the comments she had on her sns. Tiffany had just made her debut as a singer last month. She thought she was doing okay, she wasn't expecting everyone to praise her to the moon, but at least she knew she deserved some nice feedback.

Some music magazines praised her for her debut album. They loved her music and considered her vocal as a unique voice in Kpop. And her fans flooded her comment sections with continous kudos, saying how much they loved her and were very proud of her.

But fans always came with haters. They came in one big package. A lot of her antifans wrote mean comments: saying that Tiffany just used her popularity as a successful actress to make a debut as a singer. Some said she couldn't even sing and accused her of abusing the autotune so much. Some also said that Tiffany depleted her fans' money to buy her album. Some even suggest Tiffany to go back to the US.

Tiffany laughed. Going back to the US? She had never wanted to go to the US in the first place. South Korea was her home. She had grown up in Daegu. She had loved and cried in Daegu. She was born and died in Daegu. Yet, everyone told her to go back to America? What a joke!

Tiffany knew she wasn't supposed to be drunk in a club like this. She had an image to protect. She couldn't let anyone see her drink too much and think that she was a heavy drinker. Tiffany had persuaded Yuri to accompany her to the club to have a shot or two. And her manager agreed with one condition: Tiffany was only allowed to drink no more than two glasses.

But Yuri was too busy with her phone. Tiffany didn't even know what that girl was doing. Yuri was a great manager, she got Tiffany a lot of contracts. She had vast connections. In entertainment business, you needed to know everybody to survive, or you'd get stomped by new artists that kept emerging. And Yuri knew everybody in South Korea. That was why she was always busy with her phone. She was either trying to get new jobs for Tiffany, or refusing unsuitable offers for her.

"Are you allowed to drink this much?"

Tiffany glanced at her right. She couldn't really see who impolitely asked her that question. She couldn't see clearly.

"Ya, who are you? Are you my dad?"

The guy grinned. "Do I look like your dad?"

"Then shut up." Tiffany foolishly smirked. "You don't know what I've been through...." She raised her hand to ask for another shot to the bartender.

"Where's your manager?"

"Yuri?" Tiffany looked around her. "Yuri yah! Yah Kwon Yuri, where are you?" She couldn't find her manager in that crowded place. Tiffany shrugged her shoulders and laughed. "I don't know. Maybe Yuri is busy. She's always busy... Or maybe she's left me." Tiffany chuckled. "Everybody leaves me... My mom... My boyfriend... Even my fans.... Only haters who never leave me."

That guy knew Tiffany was drunk. She even began to sob out of the blue.

"Hey," she touched that guy's cheek, "are you going to leave me too?"

Thay guy grinned. He sipped his drink. "Do you want me to leave you?"

Tiffany shooked her head. "No, don't leave me... Just stay here." She tapped that guy's back. "Don't you dare to leave me... I'm warning you. I am very delicate. I cry so easily." She smirked. "Wow, you're really good looking."

That guy beamed upon hearing Tiffany's words. He knew she was blabbering randomly, but he was really happy to know Tiffany acknowledged his good look.

A few minutes later, Tiffany had totally passed out on the bar table.

"Tiffany-ssi." He shook that girl's shoulder, but she didn't even move. That handsome man grinned. But the grin on his face quickly disappeared once he spotted someone he recognized as an entertainment journalist stood by the entrance.