Chapter 4

Daegu, 10 Years Ago

Hwayoung and his friends knew that Taehyung always walked the same route from and to his house. They secretly followed Taehyung until that boy came to a rather empty alley.

"Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung turned his back and saw Hwayoung and their other two classmates were standing behind him with a wide grin on their faces.

"Ah, Hong Hwayoung, Kwon Doyeon, Lee Changjae. I didn't know your houses were near here."

His three classmates laughed scoffingly. They walked closer to him. "I have a message for you." Hwayoung said.

"Can't you wait until tomorrow or send it by email?"

Hwayoung snorted. "This is a message I'm sending you." He smacked Taehyung's stomach.

Taehyung spontaneously crashed onto the ground.

"Stay away from Tiffany." Hwayoung looked at him coldly. "Or I will give you another message."

Taehyung smirked. "Why? Who are you to Tiffany?"

Taehyung's mock only triggered Hwayoung. He quickly grabbed Taehyung and launched a punch on his face.

But Taehyung was quicker. Just before Hwayoung had a chance to smack his face, Taehyung kicked his chest. Hwayoung lost his balance and hit the ground.

Taehyung quickly stood up and got into a fighting position.

Doyeon and Changjae moved forward. Taehyung clenched his teeth and was ready to defend himself.

Doyeon threw a punch, but Taehyung had seen his attack. He dodged it and kicked Doyeon in his stomach. Not wanting to waste his chance, Taehyung punched Changjae's face even before that scoundrel knew what happened.

Taehyung saw Hwayoung had got to his feet. "You know what? We don't need to do this. Even if you hit me, punch me, or kick me, that won't impress Tiffany." Taehyung grinned. "If you really like her, do something to win her heart instead of beating out your classmate."

"Shut the fuck off!" Hwayoung spat.

"Do you really want to do this?" Taehyung looked really turned off.

Hwayoung gave a signal to his friends. They moved together.

Taehyung sighed. "Come what may...." he shrugged his shoulders.

Taehyung was basically not a fighter. In fact, he had never fought anyone before. All he knew was randomly kicked and punched. Hwayoung and his friends easily made him a sitting duck.

Not even a minute later, Taehyung was darted off. All he could do was run away, but that was almost impossible with three men on top of him trying to beat the shit out of him. Taehyung could only cover his head.

Hwayoung and his friends punched and kicked Taehyung until they were satisfied.

Hwayoung squatted before the poor boy. "You see, this is what you get if you don't listen to me." He scoffed. "Don't ever come near Tiffany again. She's mine."

Taehyung didn't say a word. He still curled and covered his head.

Hwayoung got up and gave that poor boy one hard kick before leaving him lying on the ground.

Taehyung painfully got up after Hwayoung and his gang gone. He cleaned his uniform from dirt. Every part of his body ached, but he couldn't let his mother see it. Taehyung dragged his feet along the alley to reach his house.