Chapter 8

Daegu, 10 Years Ago

"No..." Knowing the great danger that awaited his girlfriend gave Taehyung a strength he hadn't known he had it.

"Urrgh! Let go off me!!!" It was as if Taehyung was possessed by an evil, he pushed all delinquents that were ganging up on him. He wildly punched them, kicked them, smacked their faces.

Tiffany reluctantly stepped backward. "H-help.... "

"Let's finish what we had started that night." Hwayoung walked closer.

Taehyung got a chance to break free from Hwayoung's men. He ran as fast as he could and jumped to lunge on his wicked ex classmate.

Taehyung grabbed Hwayoung by the neck. He pulled him down and punched his face. "RUN, TIFFANY, RUN!!!" He shouted to his scared girlfriend. Taehyung  got up, ran to Tiffany,  grabbed that girl's hand, and ran.

Hwayoung threw his baseball bat at Taehyung. It hit his back hard. Taehyung crashed onto the ground, brought Tiffany with him.

Taehyung ignored the pain on his back, he picked up the baseball bat and scrambled to his feet, but Tiffany was too slow to get up. Hwayoung and his men had already surrounded the two.

Taehyung moved forward while hiding Tiffany behind him.

Hwayoung didn't need to say anything. He had no intention to beat the boy before him. All he wanted was Tiffany.

Taehyung swung his bat here and there, but he couldn't land it on his targets. Hwayoung tried to grab Tiffany. Taehyung hit him and swirled to keep that girl off Hwayoung's hand.
But one of that punk's men swung his bat that was initially aimed at Taehyung. Since Taehyung had switched position, that bat would definitely hit Tiffany. And Taehyung saw it.

Tiffany closed her eyes as the wooden bat would smack her skull.

But nothing happened. She didn't feel anything.

Tiffany opened her eyes. Taehyung's right arm clashed against the bat.

"HEY!!!"

Some passer-by saw the fight from a distance. He apparently called a police.

Hwayoung exchanged glances with his men. They promptly ran away.

"Taehyung-ah," Tiffany immediately checked her boyfriend, "are you alright?" There was no other moment that had scared Tiffany more than that exact moment.

Taehyung smirked. "Are you alright? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

"Stupid!" Tiffany hugged her heroic boyfriend. She knew Taehyung got injured, but all he cared for was only Tiffany. He seemed to forget about his own wounds. Tiffany got choked on her proud tears.

"AAARGH!!!" Taehyung suddenly moaned. An unspeakable pain stung his right arm.

Tiffany quickly let go off her hug.

"Are you kids alright?" The passer-by sprinted towards them.

......................................................................

Taehyung's right arm was broken. He had to be hospitalized for a few days and had to wear a cast around his right arm.

Tiffany didn't tell her father that it was Hwayoung who had attacked them. The other day, her father was so furious of what that punk had done to her, he intended to transfer Tiffany to another school. He even suggested Tiffany to move to America to stay with her sister so that she could be safe and free from Hwayoung. But Tiffany refused. She didn't want to leave Taehyung.

Tiffany was forced to lie and said that some delinquents were trying to rob them. Luckily, Taehyung could protect her even though he had to break his arm in the process.

Tiffany and her father came to the hospital to visit Taehyung. Mr. Hwang knew he could never thank Taehyung enough for what he had done for his daughter. They were definitely so indebted to him.

Tiffany's father opened the inpatient room where Taehyung was staying in. That boy was half sitting, half lying on his bed. His mother was peeling some fruits for him.

"Good afternoon," Tiffany's father greeted them.

Taehyung poked his head, "eh," his smile got wider and brighter when he saw his girlfriend was standing there with her father.

Taehyung's mother turned around to see who visited them.

Tiffany's father was smiling and about to bow his head when he saw that woman's face. His smile suddenly disappeared.

Taehyung's mother seemed to be surprised as well. She quickly bowed down and didn't hold her head again.

"Taehyung-ah, how are you feeling?" Tiffany cheerfully sprinted to her boyfriend's bedside. "Does your arm still hurt?"

Taehyung shook his head. He didn't want to give Mr. Hwang an impression that he was weak and a crybaby. But when Tiffany was beside him, he whispered to that girl, "it hurts so much, I can't even sleep. It hurts...."

Tiffany looked so worried. She touched and caressed Taehyung's casted arm. "It hurts? It must hurt so much.... I am sorry, Taehyungie. What can I do to make you feel better?"

Tiffany's father cleared his throat. He said from his place. "Thank you for protecting Tiffany."

Taehyung bowed his head and smiled. He opened his mouth.

"Let's go home, Fany." His father looked at his daughter.

Tiffany stared at her father confusedly. "But Dad, we've just got here."

"We've thanked Taehyung. We're done here." That man turned around and began to walk. At the doorway, he looked at his daughter coldly. "I said we're going home now, Fany."

Neither Tiffany nor Taehyung understood what was happening. Tiffany didn't want to leave Taehyung like that, but she had never seen her father stare at her this way before.

Taehyung gave a signal for Tiffany to comply to her father. That girl didn't let go Taehyung's left hand until the distance between them was too far for them to keep holding hands. "I'll come again next time."

Taehyung nodded.

Tiffany bowed at Taehyung's mother before leaving.

"Dad, why did we have to leave so soon?" She ran to catch up with her father on their way out of the hospital.

"You can't see Taehyung anymore."

"Wh-what?" Tiffany frowned. "Why? I don't understand."

"Don't befriend that boy anymore or I will transfer you to another school."

"But, Dad... That's not fair!" Tiffany shouted. "What did Taehyung do? He saved me. Why do you ask me not to see him anymore?"

"Tiffany Hwang," her father looked at her, "I don't like you to talk back like that. Don't see Taehyung anymore or I will transfer you to another school."

"You can't do that...."

"Oh yes I can. And I will if you keep acting like this."

Tiffany didn't understand what made her father change. A few days ago, that man seemed to like Taehyung very much and often teased her about him. But now?

No matter how hard Tiffany asked her father to explain why he suddenly hated Taehyung, her old man just never answered her.[]

........................................................................