Chapter 18 ~ Deal

Jakes point of view

I watched both of them leave the scene before a strong gust of wind made me lose my balance and made my back slam against the tree I was leaning on.

" Jake how many times do I have to tell you to stop bothering my daughter!"

It was that woman that I kept seeing since elementary. Right now she was wearing green skinny jeans, a old black shirt that had small holes near the bottom, black hair that was tied up in a high pony, and these icy cold grey eyes that felt like they were staring straight in my soul. I chuckled and moved my hair to the side.

" You know you can't do anything..... Mrs.Styles "

Her face dropped because she knew in reality she couldn't. She was a helpless ghost and I was a human . Everyone knows a ghost can not touch a human or harm them in anyway. I took a step towards her towering her small frame just like I had done with Angel. Mrs.Styles eyes were boreing into mine as she attempted to slap me but miserably failed. Her hand flew right through me earning her a laugh.

" Such a pathetic woman. You know you can't harm me so why try? "

" Because....." she shook her head full of curls. " I don't want anything to happen to her ok? You know Jake you were such a good lad but ever since you purposely bullied that young girl in elementary just to be in the cool group you have changed. I tried to help you get out of that circle but you never wanted to. I showed you what doing good things can lead to but you never wanted to take the opportunity. "

I rolled my eyes at her pity words as I remembered that exact day right after I pushed or punched that weird girl.

Flashback still Jakes Point of view

My gaze fell as my best friend walked away upset because of me hitting some girl and telling pretty much the whole school about her personal life. I shouldn't have done that, it was stupid but man do I really want to be in the cool group in school. I hate just being an average student with Angel and Kevin, I want to be so much more. Besides Rick and his friends end up having a blast here in elementary. Like going to the movies every weekend or video games . I looked up and saw Rick waving his hand, motioning me to meet him.

" Good job Jake, never really thought you would do all that and add the humiliation to that other chick. " his friends laughed behind him.

" Well when I want something I get it"

He glanced down at me and smirked while giving me a pat on my back. We chatted a bit than him and his group walked away leaving me alone , sitting down on the basketball court. After a few moments of silence and recalling what I just did today I heard a small soft voice project in front of me. I peered up and saw the woman I usually see in my dreams who tells me the difference from good and bad. She seemed pretty upset and that made me feel awful. She took a seat next to me before letting go a long sigh.

" So I saw all that and I just want to know. Was that all really worth it Jake?"

My eyes met hers and I studied her facial expression. It did not show disappointment but a bit of hope of me saying that it was not worth it. I scrunched my eyebrows together thinking of what I would tell her. She was like a guardian but I want to create my own life and I feel that power is a big impact on it.

" Yes it was worth it and you can never make me change that ." I stood up and glared her in the eyes as I saw her face drop.

" Jake this is all wrong and you kn-"

" I know what? That if I do the right things all the time you will go up to heaven and live peacefully? No I don't want that in fact why are you even haunting me when you're not my mother?!" I empathized the word mother as a small smirk crept to my face. This really ticked her off because the atmosphere around us suddenly became chilly.

" You know very well why! Don't you dare bring all that crap up . Besides I don't have to help you , I WANT to because you're my daughters best friend or were considering you just back stabbed her .!" She floated away but before she vanished she turned around and gave me a sadden gaze. " I can only be in peace when the one I love is at peace."

Flash back over.

Her icy eyes did not look the same after that day and I don't care about it anymore. But a small part of me knows that what I had done was absolutely wrong. I watched as Aura tried not to cry , her lower lip did quiver but she kept quiet . The atmosphere was chilly and still raining lightly, we both kept quiet just staring at each other. I cleared my throat " So why are you here? I mean I haven't seen you for a while and out of the blue you show up? "

She shifted her floating weight from one side to the other before speaking up. " Well I was wondering... I know you won't help me since you think it's not cool. But you know I keep an eye on Harry and I have seen him bump into this young female and I want you to help me bring them together! " her eyes beamed with small light but she lowered her gaze to the ground and fiddled with her fingers, I walked towards her chuckling at the thought of me helping her.

" Out of all the billions of people in the world, you want my help? "

She nodded and nervously said "If you help me I'll grant you one wish. I know ghosts don't do wishes but I know someone who will allow me . It can be of anything as long as it does not interfere with the laws of nature"

At the sound of those words my eyes light up like a Christmas tree.

" Anything? Well than fine ill help you. " smirking I lean against the tree again. "I'll help you with your 'issue' aaand I'll back of Angel for a while but I need help. "

"Oh yes of course! I actually have a plan for this. "

My eyebrow raised up as I saw that small twinkle of hope return back into her eyes. The plan she's telling me sounds like it'll work but it's going to take a while. But still it's worth getting a wish. One wish that can change my life .

----------------------------------

I know , I know..... I'm bad for not updating.. Sorry ! Please don't be mad :( but I still do hope you all have an amazing day.

Thank you to who ever is still reading this and voting/commenting , it does mean a ton!

Please comment /vote/ share <3