Chapter 26

CAUTION: FourTris in this chapter. 😉

"Seriously, where are we going?" I ask, trailing behind Tobias.

"I can't tell you that," He replies. "It would ruin the surprise."

We continue walking for a little while longer, before he stops, and I slam into his back.

"Sorry." I mutter, before noticing that he is unlocking the door to his apartment. "This is just your apartment, that's the surprise?"

"Yes."

He swings the door open, and on the floor is a dark, maroon blanket, and a huge pile of cake on a plate with two forks.

"You seem to really love cake." I state.

He grins. "Not as much as I love you."

I find myself blushing. He comes over and takes my cheek in his hand, looking at me intensely. His fingers cool my hot skin, but they still are red.

"You blush a lot. You know that?" He smiles, kissing my forehead.

"That's one thing I wish you would forget." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Really?" He asks. "Because when you turn red, it means I'm making you nervous." He tugs me toward him. "I like that."

He kisses my lips, making me melt. I slip my arms around his neck and slide my fingertips through his short hair.

His hands make their way from my neck to my arms, to my hips, making me shiver. He pauses kissing me for a second, his lips only millimeters away from mine.

"Alright?" He asks.

I smile, and my cheeks heat up. "Yes."

I press my lips to his, and he closes his eyes, taking it all in. My hand finds the tip of his tattoo, and I run my fingers over it. He opens his eyes for an instant, as I do, and he takes my wrists, gently, and slides my hands down his stomach, and I feel every muscle.

Eventually, my hands reach the bottom of his shirt, and he removed his hands from my wrists, so he can lift his shirt above my fingers.

My hand move across his bare chest and they make their way to his back. He feels warm, and I trace the tattoos of the factions with my fingertips.

I feel him shiver, and smile a little as he kisses me.

He removes his lips from mine, and clutches at my back, holding me close to him.

"Never, ever did I ever think this would happen." He says, softly. "If I looked back at my sixteen year old self, who was about to choose, I would have never believed it if I told myself I would be kissing you right now."

"Why?" I ask.

"I never had a family to love. No one loved me. I didn't think there was anyone I would die for." He explains. He looks down at me. "Boy, was I wrong."

He tries to kiss me again, but I pull away from his grasp, and he looks nervous, like he went too far, or something. Then, he notices I just wanted to sit down to eat some cake.

He sighs, handing me a fork, and I take a big bite of cake. It's warm in my mouth, as I savor every bite.

"You seem to like this surprise more that you said." Tobias says.

I sigh. "Yeah."

I stretch my legs out in front of me, and lay down, staring at the ceiling. Tobias looks over at me, and laughs; a deep laugh, that makes me smile.

He leans over and kisses me, and I try to sit up, but he holds me down, holding my wrists.

"Tobias." I whisper.

He quickly lets go, and let's me sit up.

"Sorry." He murmurs.

I move close to him, and lean my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around me.

"I have a very personal question, that you don't have to answer." He says.

"What is it?" I ask, a little wary.

"When did you realize you had feelings for me?"

I think for a moment. "The Ferris wheel." I tell him. "But I kept getting distracted by you in training. I doubted anything would happen, though, so I just tried to ignore it."

"Oh. Was it hard?" He asks. "To ignore it?"

"Yes. You kept showing up everywhere!" He laughs at that. "Anyway, when did you realize your feelings?"

He sighs. "The first day. I knew you were different, but in a good way. You were like me, but didn't realize it. I also liked how you didn't give me the look."

I laugh. "What look?"

"This look that girls give me. It's weird." He shakes his head. "You didn't look at me like I was good-looking."

I smile, and look up to his eyes. "It was an added bonus."

A/N: How many of you saw the Divergent movie?! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! Even if it had a few bugs, I still loved it. Some of my favorite parts were:
-in Four's fear landscape, the woman he had to shoot turned into Tris. I was like FEELS
-both Eric and Peter said she wouldn't shoot them, and she was like "Why do people keep saying that?" Lol
-I cried when her mom died
-after the kidnapping, Tris walked in with an oversized shirt on, and Chris was like, "Is that a new shirt?" and I was like "mmph, sure 😏"
-the way Tori put the tattoo on. WOAH (I didn't like Tori's attitude though, I thought she was better than that.)