Chapter 10

"What? Are you people insane?" He shouts. "I'm not letting that idiot throw knives at my sister."

I walk over to Caleb. "Calm down, I've down it before."

He looks over at me. "What?"

"Yeah, and that idiot was the one that threw them before. If it had been Eric throwing, she wouldn't have an eye." Tobias tells him. "And unless you want your little sister sitting on a half naked guy, I suggest you let me do it."

I hear Caleb mumble "Fine." and I nearly skip over to the target.

Tobias turns the blade in his palm. He thrusts his arm, and I see the blade, only a few inches from my head. He throws the second one, and it lands above my head. I see where this is going.

"You about done, Stiff?" He says, with an amused look on his face.

"If you cut my ear again, I swear to God, Four, I will hurt you." I tell him.

He puts the last blade in his right hand and let's it fly. I feel a sting in my ear. He did it again.

"Whoops. Now you have to come 'hurt' me." He says, with a smirk on his face.

"When did I ever say I would physically hurt you?" I ask, and all the expression drains from his face. "Four, we're breaking up."

It takes all the power not to tell him I'm just joking, and I slightly smile, but turn it into an mouth twitch.

His hands go limp on his sides; he didn't see that coming. Next to him, Caleb is smiling. I walk out of the training room and go back to my apartment, smiling to myself.

I sit on the couch, looking through one of Christina's magazines. It just was a promotional thing to tell her 'what was hot' so she could obsess and go buy it. It didn't have much, but it kept away boredom.

After a little while, Christina burst threw the door.

"There you are!" She exclaims. "I have to admit, you could fit into Candor. The only people who thought you were serious was your super happy brother, and Four."

I laugh. "Where is he?" I ask. "Four, I mean."

"Everyone went back to Zeke's." She says, dragging me to my feet. "And you need to tell Four you were kidding. He looks like he is on the verge of tears, which I thought I'd never see."

"Who says I was kidding?" I grin. She gives me a look. "Fine, but I don't want to plainly tell him, I want him to figure it out."

She smiles and we walk back to the game. Everyone stare at me, and I walk over to sit next to Caleb and Chris. She was right, Caleb has a bright look on his face, and he keeps smiling. I glance at Tobias, and he looks mad at himself. His eyes have a look of sadness in them, something probably only I could see.

Shauna speaks up, "Tris, as I recall, you had to sit next to someone." She says, nodding at Four. Caleb scowls, as I walk over to Tobias. He looks at me with pleading eyes, but I just sit next to him, hiding my smile.

"Alright." Uriah says. "Four, its your turn."

He nods, gloomy.

"Dude," Zeke says, "You're single, you should be happy."

"Well I'm not!" He yells through clenched teeth.

I feel bad, I really hurt him. I look over at Christina, trying to ask what I should do. She leaves her expression blank.

Tobias sits there, until Uri speaks up. "Four, just take your turn, then you can just sit there and sulk."

"Fine, Will." Tobias says.

"Dare." Will answers hesitantly.

"I dare you to break up with Christina, and see how you like it." He says, flatly.

Will takes off his shirt, and looks over at me with a are-you-going-to-tell-him-yet look.

"Tris, truth or dare?" He asks.

I think for a minute. "Dare."

"I dare you to play seven minutes with Four." He says confidently.

I roll my eyes and get up, but Tobias doesn't.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." He says.

"I don't think you have a choice." I grab his arm. "Don't make me call you a wimp."

"I'm not a wimp!" He says, standing up and yanking his arm from my grip.

We walk to the guest room. He sits on the bed, looking away from me. I sit next to him, our shoulders touching, but he moves away.

I roll my eyes at him. "God, you're oblivious." I say, and kiss him.

He pulls away, and stands up. "What?" He scowls, but his eyes still look thoughtful.

"I can't believe you actually thought I broke up with you." I slightly smile.

"I... What..." He stutters, not making sense.

I look up into his eyes, and he plants his arms on my shoulders, and presses his lips to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, happy to be in his arms again.

He pulls away slightly, and puts his mouth next to my ear.

"Don't ever do that again." He whispers to me.