Chapter 23

I don't know where I'm going, {but I know it's gonna be a long time- lol Beating Heart} but I head towards the only place I can think of.

Tori sits in the Tattoo Parlor, looking at me worriedly.

"What on earth happened?" She asks.

I must be a mess; my hair wasn't brushed, and tears were constant on my blush red cheeks.

I explain everything that happened, and she listens to every word.

"I'm so sorry. It must feel like he broke up with you. Just get through these few weeks, it'll get better." She assures me.

I nod, as the parlor door swings open. Out of all people, Peter walks in.

"Hey, I wanted to let you know that the closing ceremony for Erudite's week is tomorrow night, which will be the last day you could go." He tells Tori.

"Thank you, Peter." She replies.

He is about to walk out, when he looks over at me. "You okay? Did your boyfriend not remember you?" He smirks.

"No, I-" I pause. "How did you know about that?"

He glances at the door and back at me. He tries to bolt, but I pin him to the wall.

"What did you do?" I demand.

He says nothing.

I take him from the wall and slam him into it again, his shirt in my fist.

"What. Did. You. Do." I say, quietly.

"I tripped him as he was walking down one of the trails of the Pit." He says, like its nothing.

"WHAT? WHAT?" I scream at him, before punching his face, square in the middle. "If he doesn't remember me, I'll kill you. I will kill you."

He smirks, though it looks painful. "Sure."

I'm about to punch him again, but Tori breaks me away. "That's enough, Tris."

~~~

I walk down the familiar hall, toward the training room. I need to aim at something, and let my frustration out.

I walk in, unaware that someone else is already using the room.

"What are you doing here?" Tobias asks, from in front of the targets, letting a knife fly, but it's sloppy and misses by at least six inches.

"Letting my frustration out." I say, standing at the target next to his.

I throw a knife, effortlessly landing it in the exact middle.

"Where did you learn to throw like that?" He asks me.

I smile a little. "I had the best instructor."

He watches as I throw my next, and he mimics me, throwing it like her used to.

He looks over at me, and I look at him. He is still guarded, but he seems a little looser than earlier.

"Listen, Tobias, I-" That's as far as I get before he tackles me, and shoves me to the wall, his hands around my neck.

"Where did you here that name?" He demands, just like I did with Peter.

"Y-You told me it, or showed me. You took me through your fear landscape." I say.

"Why would I do that?" He asks, more to himself than to me.

"You wanted to show me who you are." I say, softly.

He grip around my throat loosens, but his face remains hard, trying to come up with the memories.

He looks back at me, wanting more answers. "Why? Why would I want to show you?

"Because you loved me." I say, quietly, looking into his eyes.

I didn't know how much I was going to see those blue, thoughtful eyes, so I stared.

He laughs. "You? Why would I love you?"

I feel the tears welling up again. I thrust my knee to his stomach, making him let go of me, and I walk out before he can say anything else.

I just wanted to say thank you for your comments and votes. it makes me happy to know people like this. I'll let you know that in the next few chapters, it gets better, don't worry! I just felt like I needed a bigger conflict, and I hope people don't hate it. thank you for your thoughts!