Chapter 5

I unlock the door and step in. Its a bit bigger than Tobias' apartment.

It had a small kitchen and dining table to the right, and a living room to the left, with a couch and two chairs. On the back were three, evenly spaced doors, leading to two separate bedrooms and a bathroom in the middle.

"We are officially Dauntless!" Christina squeals.

I go to the bedroom on the left and place my bag on the bed. The room had a full bed, desk, and dresser, and the walls were plain white. I put my clothes away and walk back out into the main room. Christina rushes out of her room, excitement gushing out of her.

"Lets go shopping! We can get paint, rugs, knick knacks, posters, and even more!" Christina says, dragging me down the hall towards the shops.

~~~

Three hours later, I have a new lilac rug, maroon bedspread, and neon blue, green and pink paint balls that I splattered on to my walls. Christina had a dark purple painted room with tons of posters and knick knacks around her room, but agreed to keep the main room neutral, with thick black stripes and a few decorations here and there.

We also had to get some new clothes, according to Christina.

"I'm having Will over tonight." Chris says, eating a leftover hamburger. "If you want, you and Four can join us."

"Sorry," I tell her. "Four already has plans with me, but its a surprise." I smile. "I guess I should head over to his place now."

"Okay, well have fun!" She wiggles her eyebrows at me. "But not too much fun."

I throw a pillow at her, making her drop her burger.

"Hey!" She calls to me as I head out. "You owe me a burger!"

I laugh to myself as I walk down to Tobias' apartment and knock.

He opens the door, seconds later, wearing a black sweatshirt, jeans and shoes. Typical.

"Hey. Are you ready?" He asks.

"Yeah, but where are we going?" I say.

"That," He says, taking me hand and leading me toward the Pit. "Is classified information."

He leads me down the path toward the chasm, where we first kissed. I felt the memory come back, and smile.

He leads me across the rocks, just as he did last time, and we sit down in the exact place, except there is already a blanket laid down, and a basket full of food on it.

"Hamburger?" He asks, recalling the first day we met.

I grab it, and take a big bite out off it. We sit eating for a while, in a comfortable silence.

"So," Tobias says, breaking the silence. "I heard more about the 5 week festivity thing. It's called the 5 Weeks of Factions, and its starting next week. 5WF starts with Dauntless, then goes to Erudite, Abnegation, Amity, then Candor." He clears his throat. "So we will have a mix of people in the compound for an entire week."

He looks down to me, and I can tell he has more to say.

"And?" I ask.

"Someone from each job gives speeches, to show what we do, and..." His voice trails off.

I scoot closer to him and take his hand.

"The faction leaders have to come." He says quietly.

I immediately think of my father and Marcus.

"Oh, great." I say, letting out a sigh.

I knew my father was mad at Caleb and I, and I wasn't planning on seeing him anytime soon. My mother would also be there, and chances are, Caleb would show up too. Not to mention Marcus, who Tobias never wanted to see again.

"Eric told me I should give the speech as initiate instructor with Lauren." Tobias says, breaking my train of thought.

"Don't worry, we'll get through it." I tell him. "One week, we can handle that, right?"

He kisses me, an smiles, "One whole week with Candor smart-mouths roaming around? This will be a nightmare."

He kisses me again, and I kiss him back, as water sprays me ankles, just as it did last time.