Chapter 20 •Tobias POV•

A/N: This will be a bit of a lengthy chapter, because I'm writing it in Four's Point of View! I hope you like it, and please tell me if you would like more of his POV.

A few seconds ago, Tris tensed up, as if she realized something. Now I understand, after Zeke explains we will be going though the fear landscapes with each other.

Tris had already been through mine, but that was before it changed, before she was in it. I'd only gone through it once, since we went through together, and I didn't want to suffer that again.

I also realize I will see Tris' fear landscape. What was in it? Did she still fear intimacy? What else could she be fearful of?

First off is Uriah and Marlene. They go through Mar's first. Lasting about 20 minutes. Then is Uri's, who is about the same length.

After a while, its only Tris and I who haven't gone. She wants to get through her's first, and we stick the syringes in each other's necks, just like last time.

I take her hand, as the scene changes, and I stand in an unknown field, with a crow landing on Tris' shoulder, another landing on my own. She breathes deeply, and bends down to the ground.

"Tris." I say, seeing more crows coming.

She rummages through the grass and finds a gun, shooting the crows, with imaginary bullets.

Suddenly, everything is black, and now, we stand in a glass box. A small glass box. She looks at me, as I feel water rises into my shoes.

My heartbeat picks up; I am trapped. I inhale and exhale. These are her fears, not mine. She closes her eyes, as the water rises to our knees, and slams her hand into the glass, that shatters like ice.

Tris seems calm, but she looks up at me as the room goes dark, and I catch a glimpse of what the initiates wear in their eyes each year. Fear.

The next fear goes by quicker, with us struggling on rock, the waves threating to pull us in, but I grab her hand as she is about to float away, and I drag her back to me.

Next, she is tied to a pole, and is arguing with Peter, but I can't hear, because I am in the chaos of the crowd around them. She must be still scared of him. The things he did to her, you can't just forget them.

Eventually, the scene changes, and I am in my bedroom in the Abnegation sector. No, it's her bedroom, but it has a mirror in it, where a closet is supposed to be.

I hear a pounding on the window, and realize the fear. Kidnapping. She freezes, but I drag her into the closet, and I clutch her tightly, feeling her fast heartbeat become paced.

She stands, brushes herself off, and gives me a look of fear, and I pull her close again.

"I'm sorry, about last night." I repeat.

She looks away, as the scenery changes. She steps away from me, and holds her head high, as if she knows what's coming. She looks back as me with pleading eyes, and I realize its the fear she felt most embarrassed by.

A few yards away, a woman points a gun at Tris, who is also now holding a gun. I look over to see Tris' face of shock.

"Well this changed." She says, quietly. She looks over at me. "You are still in my landscape, but not in that way."

I stand confused, and she doesn't seem to notice, turning back to the woman.

"Shoot him, or I will shoot you." The woman wearing white says, monotone, pointing at me.

Oh.

Tris raises the gun, aiming at me, and I see her take breathes; in, out, in, out. Her eyes are becoming wet with tears, threating to spill over her cheeks. Her jaw is clenched tightly, holding back more tears.

I look at her, as if telling her to just do it. "I'll be alright, Tris." I tell her. "It's a simulation."

"But I can't!" She says, a tear running down her cheek. "I just can't..."

I want to comfort her, but I don't know how, not here.

She turns to the woman. "I won't do it. Shoot me instead, just like last time." She forcefully says. "I rather be dead than live without him."

The woman shoots Tris, and the lights lift, returning us to the fear landscape room.