Chapter 24

After a week, Tobias only remembered the first few days of training, as well as the initiates.

It killed me; I didn't eat frequently, I didn't go to work much, and I mainly stayed in bed all day. I knew he would soon remember, but he needed to remember sooner. I hope he remembered the Ferris wheel sometime soon, so at least he would remember me, someone who was more than just an initate.

"Tris, he remembers taking us to the fence." Christina says, as I eat a sandwich. "That was just hours before the game. Maybe we could go to Navy Pier tonight, and he would remember."

"I'm not going."

"Yes, you are. Uriah already is getting ready." She explains.

"You said maybe! It's already planned?" I ask.

She nods. "Yup. We're going to Navy Pier for a walk. Get ready, we'll be going in about two hours, and girl, you need a shower."

I stick my tougue out at her, then go to get ready.

~~~

I go with Marlene to meet the group at the train tracks.

"I'm sure he'll remember you soon enough." She reassures me.

I nod, not really believing her much.

I run next to the tracks, as the train roars next to me. I reach to grab the handle, but I slip. A strong hand wraps around my arm, pulling me in.

I look up, hoping to see Tobias, but it's Will. He sees my look of disappointment, and smirks, accidentally tripping me into Tobias' arms.

"Watch where you're going." He says, gruffly.

I sigh, walking over to Uriah and Lynn.

"Nothing?" Lynn asks.

I shake my head, then realize we are in almost pitch black. "Nothing."

We stand in silence for a while, as the train moves through the city.

I walk over to the opening of the train. The wind whips my hair back, as I see the city rush past me. Only a few lights are on, mainly around the Erudite headquarters, but a few around Candor, and Abnegation.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I hear a voice behind me.

I turn to see Tobias, looking over my shoulder. I stare into his eyes for a long second, then turn back to the extraordinary sight of the city in the dark.

"Yeah." I say, softly.

I feel his breathes against my neck, and I also feel 16 little eyes on us. I smile a little, and he wraps his hand around mine. I tense, surprised at the gesture.

He quickly lets go, and walks over to the other side of the train, near Zeke, rubbing the back of his neck. Is he embarrassed? I hoped not.

"We should start getting off soon." Uriah says.

"Alright." Lynn says, running at the doorway, and jumping off.

Uriah and Marlene jump off together, along with Will and Christina. Zeke and Shauna jump separately, racing each other. Now, it's only Tobias and I.

He steps to the doorway, next to me, but I jump, before he can say anything. He quickly jumps as well, landing a few yard away from me.

We gather as a group in the dim moonlight, walking towards the carousel and Ferris wheel. As I get closer, I see a picnic table set up, with hamburgers, cake, chips, and drinks spread across the table.

"Woah!" Marlene says, running over and sitting to eat a burger.

"Uriah and I got this stuff here earlier. You're welcome." Zeke says, sitting with the rest of us.

I take a seat next to Christina, and notice Tobias sits next to me. Then, I see Zeke on his other side. Figures.

I bite into a burger and glance over to the broken down Ferris wheel. It help so many memories. Tobias, holding my hip to steady me, seeing the other flag in the darkness, realizing my feeling for him.

I shake my thoughts from my head, grabbing a plate of cake. As I eat, I can't help but stare at the wheel. It's mesmerizing.

"Why do you keep staring at the Ferris wheel?" Tobias asks.

I smile a little. "Good memories."

A/N: Mainly a filler chapter, but its gonna get good in the next few updates!