12 : The Game [1]

There is going to be a few parts to this since there's more to it. 

Dedicated to StArLaV because she managed to put a smile on my face when she private messaged me about this story. Thank you and hope you continue to read!

Chapter 12 : The Game [1]

I had just about regretted the decision to take part in this. I overestimated my strength or maybe I just wanted to prove Louis wrong. The energy and confidence I had during my declaration was nearly diminished. So much hype was put into this game, too much. 

I felt uneasy under Louis' glare. Him staring at me from where he sat was cause for the anxious feeling rattling my bones. His smirk widened as he glanced at his fellow team mates before eyeing me across from where he sat again. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and leaned back in my seat on the couch.

Both teams sat opposite each other on the sofas within the living space in the hotel room. The room was dead silent. The sound only audible was the running of water. Harry decided to escape this horrific game for a short while to bathe. 

Lucky guy, I would kill to be in his place right now.

Liam, being the awful score keeper he is, fled to the bedroom and fell asleep. I vowed to get my revenge on him. Problem was I didn't know how yet.

Hell, I didn't even know how I'm going to make it out alive after this. I sighed and looked away from a smug Louis to look at Summer. Her eyebrows were knitted together in concentration with her gaze on Louis. "You're planning something, aren't you?" 

I quickly looked at him again. The hellraiser threw his arms over Zayn and Niall's shoulder with his grin widening. "That's for me to know and for you to-" taking a quick pause, he pursed his lips, "find out later." 

We should have known we weren't going to get an answer from him. 

The three of them exchanged looks and chuckled. Frankly, I was tired of waiting. I suspected they were about to make a move or maybe they already did. The unknown was eating away at me.

I sighed loudly and looked out the balcony window and took in the sight of someone's clothing over the railing. I made nothing of it and opted to gaze up at the clear blue sky beyond the balcony. 

Knowing that the opposing team had an evil plan up their sleaves while I had nothing, saddened me a little.

Not hearing the water run any longer, I perked up the slightest bit. Harry was the genius out of the group, that much was obvious as we sat around like sitting ducks. Him returning could mean the end to Louis Tomlinson the hellraiser and his band of minions.

I looked back at the enemy hunching over in a pit of silent laughter. He met my gaze and attempted to collect himself but failed. The three boys exploded at he same time.

"What the hell is so funny?" I snapped.

Zayn shielded his eyes while Niall fell to the floor. Louis lightly kicked the Irish boy on the floor.

"DAMN YOU, LOUIS!" Harry yelled loudly from the bathroom.

My brows knitted together in confusion and I watched Zayn and Louis fall to the floor beside Niall. All three were now in hysterics.

"I'm going to have an aneurysm," Summer groaned. She rose from the couch and walked around the table while eyeing Louis intently. My mind wondered what she intended on doing just as Louis moved to where he was now on all fours. 

All my questions were answered when she jumped onto his back. Louis let out a soft groan before rising to his feet and ran in the direction of the door with Summer still against him.

"Whoa, no! Put me down!" She pleaded.

Ignoring her screams, Louis quickly opened the door and disappeared with Summer on his back.

"Where are my clothes?!"

My eyes shifted to gaze upon the figure that rushed into the room. They widened in horror at the naked body with (fortunately for my sensitive eyes) a hand covering the privates. Heat rose to my cheeks just and I let out a piercing scream before shutting my eyelids. "Harry, why don't you have clothes on?!" The words left my mouth in a panicked flurry.

"Someone stole my clothes!" He groaned in annoyance at the chuckles coming from Niall and Zayn.

My mind returned to the clothes I spotted on the balcony. I did my best to point in it's direction. His bare torso was etched in my brain. 

I slowly opened my eyes once I heard feet shuffling about and the balcony door being pried open. I did my best not to look at the boy completely nude on the balcony. 

I shook my head in disbelief at all that played out. Niall and Zayn returned to their spots on the couch opposite mine. They whispered a few words that didn't reach me and nodded in agreement about something. The two boys were grinning when they rose from the couch and took off to another room, leaving me alone. 

I frowned.

Harry walked back into the mostly vacant room while pulling his shirt over his head and closed the door behind him. He smiled down at me and ran his fingers through his curly locks. "Well that was..." his voice trailed off as he made his way over to the couch where Niall and Zayn just fled from. 

"Eventful? Unexpected? Traumatizing?" I offered with a chuckle.

He feigned hurt. "I was going to say educational."

"Educational?"

He laughed softly. I decided it was a pleasant sound to my ears. "A lesson to lock the door next time."

The sound of someone stomping their way through the door startled us. I turned to find a  completely soaked and angry Summer. "Guys, we're losing! And I want payback!" She yelled, dripping on the wooden flooring.

I slapped my hand over my mouth to stifle a laugh and watched as Louis slowly made his way in. His steps were slowed as if he was trying to avoid her.

Harry clapped his hands with a snicker. 

"It's not funny!" She yelled, stomping her foot.

"What happened?" I managed to ask.

Her gaze shifted to meet my own and her face softened. "Louis tossed me into the pool," she pouted.

I thought for a moment. "I'm sorry. You should shave his head off."

Summer lit up in excitement at the idea while Louis looked horrified, running his fingers through his hair rapidly. It now looked like a mangled mess atop his head.

"I don't think Louis would like that," Harry said slowly.

Summer looked at him again with the same look of frustration she wore before. "I don't like how he threw me in the pool."

"I took a picture and posted it on Twitter!" Louis blurted out. He quickly took off. Summer followed behind him, but she was too slow. He locked her out of the room before she could get in. She banged on it while begging him to open the door. 

I chuckled and leaned back in my seat while taking in all that has happened. Across from me  Harry rubbed his chin in thought. His eyes lit up and he threw up his index finger with a grin.

"I have an idea! Sort of."

I shrugged. "If it counts as a prank, I'm in."

He nodded his head once and rose to his feet. "It's an old prank, but it'll do."

[Edited 8 August 2020]