44 : Up All Night

Chapter 44 : Up All Night

"It feels like we've been livin' in fast forward, another moment passing by..." - One Direction

I tried to contain my laughter as Harry shoved the last spoonful of the dessert we ordered into my mouth. The curly haired boy watched as I chewed, a smile spreading to his lips. I knew if I laughed harder that it ultimately wouldn't end well considering I had food in my mouth. But his eyes burning holes into me while chewing wasn't much help either. I broke his piercing gaze, shaking my head.

I quickly chewed and when I finished, my eyes met his green ones. We continued to stare at each other while Victoria wandered over to our table to, what I assume, hand us our check. But when it didn't come, I tore my eyes away from Harry to look at her.

"Your meal has been taken care of," she said, once she caught our attention. Victoria then motioned towards a double set a doors where a man stood. From his attire, I wanted to say he was the cook. Harry and I looked and doing so, the man saluted Harry. "He says it was a pleasure serving you again, Mr. Styles. And good luck with your new relationship!" Giving us smiles, she walked off to assist other customers.

I exchanged looks with Harry before pursing my lips. He went and thanked the man as we made our way out of the restaurant. Harry's hand found mine while we proceeded to walk out. I shielded my eyes from the sun's rays, glancing around for the vehicle we arrived in to find it parked on the curb waiting for us. The feeling earlier with all the fans and hysteria was exhilarating, but this time, we made our way into the car with less urgency.

Our hands intertwined, we rode to the studio in silence, exchanging smiles at each other every so often. The silence between us was never awkward, it was more comforting than anything. I was very much aware of our hand being in contact and that gave me a sense of happiness. Us now together had me on a high that I never wanted to come down from. Sure the attention was going to get some getting used to, but I know I'd pull through anything with him by my side.

Our driver came to a slow stop in front of a building. He announced our arrival and Harry and I made our way out. We headed inside the building in which I knew the radio interview was going to be held. Walking inside we first noticed the people running around. A woman approached us in greeting and guided us to where we needed to be. We ended up in a room with several mics and sat in front of a gold one was Ryan Seacrest sitting behind a few computer screens. In the corner of the room was a man setting up a camera for us I assume.

"After commercial we have two very special guests. They are all over the headlines and will be answering some questions about recent events. You'll want to stay tuned!" Ryan tore the headphones from his ears and stood from his chair.

"Lovely to see you again, Harry!" He greeted, a wide smile appearing on his face. He shook hands with Harry before turning to me. "And you must be Ella."

"Ella, this is Ryan. Ryan this is Ella," Harry said.

I laughed inwardly. Of course I know who Ryan is. "Nice to meet you," I told him, shaking his hand.

He motioned for us to take a seat and we did in front of mics and headphones. Ryan returned to the seat he was sitting before we walked in.

"Thanks for agreeing to do this interview you two. I'm excited and I'm sure the listeners will be as well."

"We thought it would be best to clear some stuff up, y'know? I mean, a lot has happened that I'm sure people have questions about. We want to put everyone's mind at ease, and of course our own." Harry turned to meet eyes with me, a smile playing at his lips. He ran his fingers through his hair and his green eyes landed on Ryan's once again.