42 : Hands of Love

Chapter 42 : Hands of Love

"But nothing's greater than the rush that comes with your embrace ." - Leona Lewis

"Have you guys ever been to a red carpet premiere before?" I asked, glancing around the limo between the boys. Asking a question they could all answer was the only way I knew how to get everyone together again. So far the limo ride has been filled with whispered little chit chat the others had amongst themselves. I wouldn't go as far to say it was uncomfortable, but I hated having a feeling that something was going on or they all knew something I didn't.

"Yeah, we've been to a few red carpet events. Movie premieres, award shows, stuff like that," Louis said. He smiled my way before turning to Liam again, whispering something that caused Liam to look at Harry with a smug smile on his face. I pursed my lips and wanted nothing more than to beat some answers out of the two boys. Luckily for them, I had self control.

"Remember the Men in Black 3 movie premiere, lads?" Everyone's eyes shifted to Zayn. He let out a small laugh when the rest of the boys smiled knowingly.

"The nerf guns were a nice touch," Harry said, laughing beside me. Goosebumps rose to my skin at the sound of his laughter, it was something I haven't heard in a while. His shoulder rubbed against mine and I was happy with the contact.

My attempt at conversation was a waste as everyone re-indulged themselves in conversation. Harry and I sat beside each other in silence. I wanted to start a conversation, but I didn't know what to say. I felt like a school-aged girl with a new crush -- not knowing what to say or do in fear of embarrassing myself. Except this wasn't anything knew, I was just making things more complicated than they needed to be.

The limo slowed until it came to a complete stop. Up until now I'd been excited, but it was now replaced with nervousness and anxiety. I've never been to one of these before and didn't know what to expect. I felt a bit of uneasiness in the pit of my stomach. I tried to shrug it off. As long as the boys were around, there was nothing to worry about, right? So why was I getting nervous?

Outside the door stood a figure I couldn't quite make out. The windows were tinted heavily, but I could tell we'd arrived at the premiere with the heavy amount of camera flashes I saw.

"Is everyone ready?" Harry asked. His eyes glanced around between everyone before they rested on me. I gave him a small smile before answering yes along with the others. He tapped the window, signaling the figure outside. With that, the door flew open and Harry was the first to step out, followed by me. I stood at Harry's side as soon as I stepped out, and was immediately overwhelmed with the amount of cameras and screaming that filled my ears. My body tensed. This was something I was never going to get used to. As if knowing my uneasiness, Harry's hand found the small of my back. I focused on his touch and looked at him to find his green eyes on me before he watched as the others made their way out of the car.

I took in a deep breath and smiled as best as I could as we gathered around at the start of the red carpet. Harry removed his hand from my back and led the way along the carpet. A thick rope separated us from the fans and security standing by. The fans shouted the boys names and they went on ahead and greeted some, signing autographs on their belongings. Some of the ones that got their attention fell to tears. It was amusing to watch as their expressions went from calm to frantic in a matter of seconds.

"Did you ever think you'd end up at a red carpet premiere with One Direction?" Summer asked, appearing at my side.

"Never in a million years," I breathed out, laughing.