5 : Laughs and Limousines

The boy's challenges to the right in the picture. I'm so doing all of them. Good luck!

E N J O Y!

Chapter Five : Laughs and Limousines 

The security guards shouted orders and maneuvered the crowd in a way that created a clear path from the door and beyond. Several stood by to keep the group at bay and I wondered if anyone or everyone would break the line to seize the opportunity to so much as touch one of the boys. 

We watched the path clear and our attention remained on that of the sight before us when a middle-aged man strode up to the door with the word security embroidered on his shirt. He looked displeased like he had to come in on his day off. 

The manager of the store went to the glass door and unlocked it for the man to slip in. The brief moment the door opened created a pathway for the shouts and screams to vibrate into the room. They were loud and that was what we were about to walk out to. 

The middle-aged man gave each of us a once over before his lips parted open in preparation to speak, "you've all caused quite the hassle. We've cleared a path and the moment you step foot out of this door, move quickly. Understood?"

The boys murmured and nodded their heads. 

The security guard continued, "we'll do our best to keep the paths clear but I'm sure you've noticed we're outnumbered so it might be necessary to run. On my mark." 

I glanced around to find focused and determined expressions on the faces of the men around me. I cleared my throat and nearly regretted it when several pairs of eyes shifted to me. I shrugged my shoulders before saying, "think I can slip out of here?"

"Wouldn't risk it," Zayn simply muttered with a sigh.

Louis shrugged beside him. "Better be safe than sorry. We don't mind taking you home."

I figured they were right. I had all intention of leaving here in one piece. I let out a breath of air before diverting my attention once again to the security guard who nodded and turned towards the door. 

We formed a line behind him. As we walked passed the manager, we thanked and bid him farewells. The screams reached our ears the moment the doors were pried open and I was struck with the urge to cover my ears. I followed Harry while the line moved. The boys waved to the group on either side of us and I opted to stare at the ground, using Harry's shoes as a guide. The cameras flashed wildly in my peripheral and to my surprise, the group didn't break from the security guards near. They shouted and screamed the boys' names. They yearned for so much as a glance.

I looked passed Harry's shoulder to find the end coming near. He turned and we met eyes for a brief moment before I heard the security guard up front that led our line shout new directions. "Run through the double doors. You'll find your car on the curb. Go!"

Without hesitating, each of us took off towards the mall exit. The shouts only followed behind us while we neared what I hoped to be our salvation. The trek there appeared long - too long. With each moment I kicked my legs out before me to drive my body forward, I felt my body tire. I wanted to give in, but I also didn't want to be trampled.

I nearly sighed in relief with the doors now before us. Ahead, Harry pushed and held a door open for us to run through. I slowed my pace and followed behind Liam who took the lead, quickly striding for the vehicle. A man stood in wait but the moment he noticed us coming, pried open the side door and motioned us inside. Each of us jumped in and the man shut the door closed behind us. Niall being the last one to enter, locked it.

We sat in silence with the only sound audible being our panting and the gentle hum of the car as we strode off. I took a glance around at the interior of the limo and gaped in awe. It'd been a while since I was last in one of these. I slid off my seat to sit on the large floor of the limo and diverted my gaze to the five boys that sat nearby. 

"That was wild! You guys go through that every day?" I wondered.

"Only in a big city but after a while, you kind of get used to it," Niall said in response. 

Each of them mimicked my same movements, sitting on the limo floor to create a circle of bodies. The heavy breathing slowed and disappeared altogether. We finally recollected ourselves. 

"Nothing is better than being locked in a store for a few hours, am I right?" Zayn asked, laughing. 

"I could actually name a few things I'd rather have been doing but go off Zee," Louis retorted. 

Liam chuckled where he sat. "It wasn't all bad. I mean, we did meet Ella."

Each of them nodded their heads in agreement. It was nice they thought so highly of our fateful meeting. I have to admit, it's been fun. But they didn't necessarily need to know that so instead I frowned and said, "I didn't get to buy the new outfit I wanted." 

"I guess all of our shopping trips went south. We snuck out of our hotel room to go shopping, but we ended up ... well, you know." Harry said, resting his head on the seat. 

"I told you guys it was a bad idea from the start-"

"We know!" Niall, Harry, Louis, and Zayn interjected in chorus.

I began to bellow in laughter. For a brief moment, it'd only been my laughter filling the area where we sat but was soon joined by five others. They were fun, playful, and entirely different than how they were portrayed by some of the media. 

We laughed, and maybe a little bit too hard. Stomachs were clutched and tears were wiped from our eyes. Who knows why we laughed so hard, but we enjoyed every moment of it. It began to subside and I rubbed at my sore belly while I heard the driver call back from his seat. "Miss, what is your address?"

Trying not to look sad, I opened my mouth to respond, giving him the address of the dorm I stayed in at the university.

The rest of the ride we continued to laugh, singing silly songs and telling the silliest jokes. When I first laid eyes on them in person, I wanted to run away. But spending a little time with them, the feeling of leaving them made me sad. It was an epic adventure that I won't forget. 

Once the limo came to a stop at my destination, I looked to the five men before me and prepared to say my goodbyes before I was suddenly pulled into a group hug. I groaned slightly and let out a chuckle. "I had fun. It was nice meeting you all," I admitted.

"Loads of fun. We'll meet again." Harry chimed in.

The others stared back at me with hopeful gazes. I honestly doubted it. They're busy guys, being in a boyband in all. 

Saying my last goodbye, I ignored the thumping sound of something hitting the limo floor once I exited the car. I stood along the sidewalk and turned to watch the vehicle pull off. I laughed at the sight of the boys sticking their heads out the window with grins plastered on their faces.

I let out a heavy sigh once they were out of view and headed in the direction of my dorm room. It was back to my normal life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Edited 23 June 2020]

The end! NOT. Haaaaaaaaaa, hope you enjoyed!