one

It's only Aries's second week at Max's video tape store and she's already fed up with the idiots that run Santa Carla.

Seriously, who wears only black in the summer? That's basically like asking for a heat stroke. It's becoming a game she has with a few regulars, they place their bets on who will collapse first today. She usually wins a few extra dollars that way.

The day time is usually dull, a few elder people come in to return tapes and pick out new ones to rent. Nothing that will make her break out in sweat. By the time Max comes in, usually around the time the boardwalk really comes to life, she's ready to just leave and let loose. That's really all there is to do anyway.

Speaking of which, the sun is going down, so it shouldn't be long before Max comes in for his shift. That means she's that much closer to finally being able to stay out all night.

Friday's are her favorite. She doesn't work on Saturday's, so she's free to piddle and party all night and her tenant can't get mad when she and her roommate come dragging into the building at 3 or 4 in the morning. They're young, what do you expect?

The sound of wheels on wood make Aries roll her eyes, and she doesn't even have to turn around to know who it is.

"If you don't stop wearing those stupid ass skates in this shop, you're gonna get me fired," she groans as Beth rolls (yes, rolls) over to her.

"Hey, I had to get down here quick. I took too long trying to find a decent shirt." Beth pulls lightly at the halter top, making a face when she finds a stray strand.

"Who are you dressing up for?"

Beth's face literally lights up, and Aries immediately regrets asking. Sometimes she's too flashy and too extra that it makes the other girl cringe.

"You remember that dude I was talking about? The one with–"

"–a nest on his head."

Her face drops, her smile gone replaced with a straight line, and it makes Aries feel proud. She's always the one to make Beth go silent, shocked with astonishment.

"His hair isn't that bad, okay. Anyway, we've been hanging out, and last time I wore that red halter I have, he said he liked it on me."

Aries would roll her eyes yet again if it weren't for Max coming into the shop. He's dressed nicely as usual, and his friendly face darkens when his eyes come across Beth's skates.

"Now, Beth, I know you're ready for your friend to get off work, but I suspect you know you have to wait outside when you have those things on."

Beth lowers her head before skating out of the store.

Max shakes his head and looks at Aries, winking to let her know she's off for the night. She grabs her bag and heads to the back to change quickly, energy filling her with the thought of parties that are sure to go down tonight.

By the time she actually gets out the door, she can't even find Beth. She's probably skated off the boardwalk somewhere, and that doesn't really alarm Aries. She's done it before and she hasn't died yet of impact or drowning.

It's not as busy as it usually is at night in Santa Carla. There's a few less people out, it's like all the older punks just aren't here tonight. There's more missing posters as well, which doesn't surprise Aries. People go missing all the time around here, she's just thankful she, Beth, or anyone important hasn't gone missing yet.

Speak of the devil, she found Beth.

The roller skater is practically skating in circles around the bird nest guy. Aries sighs.

Hormones.

It's only 9:30, and so Aries has a lot of time to kill. Might as well start now.

AN: I usually don't like doing Polyvore sets for characters, but Beth and Aries are just so different and it really bothered me not having a visual presentation of them! So here we go!