The Party After

*Jezzabelle's POV*

We've been out here for about an hour in silence.

I could see worry in Eli's eyes.

Why do I care if Jack doesn't want to talk to me? It's not like he ever did until this year. If he liked me so much he should of asked me out those three years Eli was gone.

I shouldn't care about him.

I should be able to go inside and have fun on my best friend's birthday with my other best friend/boyfriend.

It was barely 7:20 so we still had time.

I worked to the courage to finally speak.

"Eli," I started and my voice was kinda shaky, "let's go inside. It's Macy's birthday and we should be able to have fun, not bail. I'm sorry I was just... getting claustrophobic." I lied about the ending but I still wanted to be with him.

I saw him look up and smile at me. His eyes we shimmering in the light.

"It's fine, I didn't mind. I like being in your presence even if we don't talk. I wouldn't care if we sat like this for hours as long as I'm with you." I was smiling now too because he made me feel better.

I don't need Jack. If I didn't need him years ago, why would I need him now?

"So you feeling better Nolan?" He asked.

"Way better Cameron." I said happily.

All I needed to do was talk to Eli and suddenly everything was back in place because of him.

He truly is a gift for like the gods.

"Well then let's go dance." He said holding out his hand and I took it.

We walked in and danced for what seemed like ever but it was great because I was with him. Most of the time we were cracking jokes and laughing a lot.

When we were dancing through one song I saw Jack in the corner of the room staring at us and he looked hurt. I was looking at him with anger and disappointment.

I would comfort him, but I can't and he told me goodbye. That he can't be my friend, so I'm not gonna act like his even if I have the urge.

I knew Jack didn't leave because he came here with Taylor in his car. They were gonna stay until the second party started.

A few minutes later, Macy's mom was talking on the microphone. The time was like 7:50.

"This is so sad to say but the night has come to end to my daughter's birthday ball. I appreciate everyone who came to support Macy on her 17th birthday. My daughter has a few words before you exit.

Macy walked up on the stage in her ball room and Taylor following waiting on he side. Yes, Macy has a ballroom in her house because her mom holds parties, but elegant ones like this.

"Thank you everyone who came. This has truly been an amazing birthday," She turned to Taylor and smiled. Cuties. She turned back and continued,"I hope you had a good night. This party wouldn't have been posible without my mom, literally." I laughed a bit because she wanted something simple but her mom insisted.

"Thank you all once again, goodnight." She finished.

I told Eli I was going to get Macy so we could go change. He told me he was gonna go get his clothes from his car.

I found Mace next the stage with Taylor. It was easy to find them because everyone already fled, well nearly everyone. About 15 people were still walking towards the door.