Mall trip

*Jay's POV*

I had to wake up early and kick out my friends by 7 am. It sucked. Our goodbyes were long. We promised we wouldn't have too much fun without each other.

My family and I had to be at the airport by 9 because our flight left at 10. I was lucky I had everything packed.

The plane ride was insanely boring. The flight was seven hours and this kid behind my brother and I wouldn't shut up. He was playing on his gameboy, and I could tell it was power rangers he was playing.

He would yell, "Go go power rangers!"

So many times I wanted to rip my hair out. His mom just smiled everytime at the boy like it was the cutest thing ever everytime when I turned around to look. This kid was like ten!

When we got to my grandparents' house in Miami it was so awesome seeing them.

"Adalee! Pumpkin! I missed you." My Grandma hugged be and pinched my cheeks.

"Why do you insist on calling me by my middle name all the time?" I laughed.

"Because that's the name I picked out and your parents let me pick for you, so deal with it."

She moved onto hugging the rest of the family.

"Want a mint?" My grandpa asked.

"No thanks. I don't always want mint, grandpa." I laughed and hugged him. He always asked me if I wanted mints.

"Too bad. Your breath really smells kiddo." He patted my back and hugged me really tight at the same time.

I fake gasped. "I'm just playing with ya. I missed you kiddo."

"I missed you too." I chimed.

We went inside. I sat on the couch and turned on Netflix because the adults went to the kitchen to talk about stuff and I just got off a flight. I deserve Netflix.

Netflix is basically my child.

Before I knew it I dozed off on the couch while watching Mean Girls. Last I remember seeing before I fell asleep was Regina get hit by a bus then I was out.

When I woke up it was eleven. Everyone was in the backyard just enjoying the air I guess. They looked comfortable catching up.

I decided to get food. I ate a bowl of Lucky Charms. After that I showered because ew I fell asleep in these clothes.

Once I got out I changed into some acid washed capris, a dark blue button up(to match some spots on the capris), white vans, I curled my hair, and I only put on mascara.

When I came back downstairs everyone was at the table in the kitchen theey were at last night. I sat down with them to listen to what they were talking about.

"Adalee, honey! You look bored out of your mind." My grandma said after a few minutes of looking at me just sitting here.

"Nope. Having the time of my life listening to my grandpa talk about prunes." I fake smiled. I was told to enjoy myself by my parents. This isn't enjoyable.

"I'm not even cheerful while he talks about this, so neither are you. Sweetheart, what do you say I catch you a few dollars so you can go eat and buy yourself something pretty?" She asked.

"No thanks I have my own money if I go." I told her.

"Nonsense! I'm giving you money because I couldn't make it to your birthday." She insisted.

"No Grandma! I don't need it." I laughed. "I'm gonna go get my bag so I can go."

I grabbed my bag and came back down. My grandma was threatening me.