Chapter 11: Product of Adultery or Not?

I felt my pulse spike when we pulled onto the street. Rae drove extremely slowly so we wouldn’t miss the house. The guys were helping us look for the address. That’s when my entire world just stopped. I saw it. My dad’s house.

“Rae, stop.” I told her frantically. I suddenly became scared of the unknown. I’ve never been afraid of the unknown until now. She put on the breaks and the van came to a halt on the side of the street, only a few houses down from my dad’s house. I could tell Rae was looking at me weirdly. As were everyone else.

“What’s wrong?” Frank asked into my ear with a gentle voice. I gulped down and stared at the house in complete awe. I couldn’t believe I’m actually here.

“Nothing’s wrong; can we just stay here for a few minutes?” I asked, justifying the fact that I was scared beyond words.

“Yeah, we can stay here as long as you like.” Rae uttered, shutting off my van so we wouldn’t waste gas. My heart was hammering inside my chest so hard I swear it was going to break through my ribs and jump out the window. I still couldn’t comprehend the fact that I’m at my dad’s doorstep for the first time in eighteen years. I’ve wanted this for so long. Okay, four years isn’t that long but even before that I knew Tom wasn’t my dad. I’ve always wanted to meet my real dad. I watched in awe as my half brother, Jimmy trotted down the street with a couple of his friends. I felt a large smirk fall onto my face.

“You see him?” I asked everyone, pointing at Jimmy. They nodded. “–That’s my half brother, Jimmy.” I was in awe and completely stunned at the same time.

“Holy fuck, he’s real! Like really real. He’s not some made up person; he’s live in flesh and blood. So is my dad. I’m actually in California about to meet my dad for the first time.” Everyone laughed lively at me and my sudden realization that this is really real. This isn’t some day dreamed thing that I fantasised in class. I’m really about to meet my dad.

“Holy shit! My dad’s in there!” I exclaimed as excitement overwhelmed me to the point, I practically ripped my seatbelt off and jumped out of the van, leaving everyone completely dazed and confused. I ran the short distance from the van to the driveway. His house was everything I expected; it was big but not huge. It was an all American house that you’d see in a cliché TV Soap Opera like 7th Heaven. Before everyone could catch up to me, I frantically ran up the path and up the front porch. Moments ago I was terrified of the unknown but now I’m diving head first into it.

Hello!” I yelled into the house as I banged on the frame of the mesh front door. I could hear the TV playing and people talking before footsteps came towards the front door. By the time I could see a human shape at the back of the house, my friends caught up to me. The mesh door swung open into my direction to reveal a tall, dirty blonde haired blue eyed man. He smiled down at me with an aging face.

“Siddalee Viviane Eliese Sullivan, we finally meet at last.”

I smiled thoughtlessly, my smile became ten miles wide as I looked up at the tall, blonde haired, blue eyed man; my dad. I had joyful tears blurring my eyes, burning them painfully but I kept a smile on my face.

“Dad.” I breathed weakly before falling into his chest, letting my arms tangle around his middle tightly. I felt his arms wrap around me rather tightly too. It only made my smile grow bigger and brighter. I was finally here; I was finally hugging my dad. After years of lies and not knowing the truth, I was finally seeing the truth, hell, I was hugging the truth. I was hugging my dad.

He pulled away from me with a large smile and gloss beaming in his eyes, tears of joy. He stepped backward into the house, holding the door open for us.