Chapter 14: When I First Met You.

“What’re your guys’ plans for tonight?” Dad asked curiously after sharing a steady stare with me. I shoveled the rather delicious potato salad around on my plate. Jimmy chewed loudly beside me, not even twelve hours of us meeting and I already want to slap him.

“We’re going to Johnny’s Saloon. I’m gonna bring Eliese and her friends.” He stated with his mouthful. I cringed at the thought of him talking with his mouth full of chewed ground up cow. Nonetheless, I was stunned by this. I don't remember talking about this. Dad looked about as shocked as I was. His eye brow was sky high.

“You’re bringing your baby sister to a bar with you, with your friends and her friends?” Dad stuttered nervously. The corners of Jimmy’s lips curled devilishly into a deceiving smirk.

“Mhm.” Jimmy hummed.

“Why?” Dad asked with a confused expression.

“Because, I want to get to know my baby sister.” I felt very left out of the conversation, like I didn’t have a voice. And out of all the lessons my mom has taught me in life the one I use the most is to use my voice.

“Ugh, just because I’m the baby doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion about this matter.” I sneered weakly. Have you ever opened your mouth about something and immediately had everyone look at you as if you just said you knew the cure for cancer? Yeah, that’s what’s happening right now. I had everyone looking at me. I’ve never had so many eyes on me at one time.

“And what exactly is your opinion?” Jimmy snared at me with a cocky expression. I scowled at him in defeat; I did want to go out tonight because that sounds fun. I shrugged and flashed a half smirk.

“I suppose we could go for a little while.” I looked over at Frank for reassurance as I shared an unsure smile with everyone. Frank seemed sure of this. He smiled at me and nodded once before I felt his hand engulf mine and his fingers entangle with mine under the table. Luckily we were sitting so close together nobody could see that we were holding our hands.

After dinner I washed and dried the dishes while Jessica and Katie put them away. Frank and Rae cleared the table while Gerard swept the floor. Ray and Mikey offered to help but we didn’t need anymore help. Jimmy and his friends kinda buggered off. Dad and Barbra sat on the couch, hand in hand. I couldn’t help but envy the life Jimmy, Katie and Jessica have; they got to see nothing but love. I know every couple argues but their mom and dad always told them they loved them. After Nathan was born, Tom kinda ignored me. But I know he had his concerns as to who the biological father of Nathan was, it was him.

We all walked from the house to Johnny’s Saloon. It wasn’t that far away. Jimmy’s friends were fascinated by me and how my existence came to be. It was a little awkward to tell them about how my existence happened. Nobody has ever told them about that so they were very confused. To say a lot has happened the first day that I met my dad is the understatement of the century. If the entire summer is going to be like this then I don’t know what I’ll do. I hate drama and soap opera kind of situations.

“So, are you two together?” Jimmy asked as we crowded around the pool table, he held a pool stick in one hand and a pint in the other. My brow line fell together strongly.

“What?” I asked confusedly.

“You and Frank, are you two knocking boots?” Jimmy questioned exaggerating on the figure of speech. I felt blush invade my face quickly making me go redder than Ronald McDonald’s hair. I couldn’t believe he just asked me that. We’ve known each other for hours, HOURS! And he’s already asking me these kinds of things.