Chapter 15: Scream!

Chapter 15: Scream!

“You and Frank, are you two knocking boots?” Jimmy questioned exaggerating on the figure of speech. I felt blush invade my face quickly making me go redder than Ronald McDonald’s hair. I couldn’t believe he just asked me that. We’ve known each other for hours, HOURS! And he’s already asking me these kinds of things.

“No!” I exclaimed trying to hide the fact that I have in fact thought about it. I mean, of course I’ve thought about it. What girl doesn’t think about doing that? But have I actually acted upon my fantasies? Nope. Jimmy nodded and gulped some of the amber drink before looking down at me again.

“Do you want to?” Jimmy asked curiously. I moved my gaze down to the floor before trailing back up to watch Frank playing pool with our newly found friends. “–Do you love him?” He added.

“Am I that obvious?” I asked looking back up at Jimmy. He nodded carefully and frowned slightly. “–We’re just friends, though.” I told him, reassuring Jimmy that nothing is going to happen between us. Jimmy looked at Frank and wore a smug expression.

“Friends don’t look at each other like you two look at each other.” Jimmy said flatly. I had no idea what he was talking about. Frank and I look at each other like normal people.

“He’s right, y’know.” Rae added her two cents cheekily. My eye brows fell together confusedly but then I remembered our conversation a couple days ago. It felt my heart aching.

“Face it, Eliese, you love him. Why not be happy with him?” Rae pushed me into doing something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time. And with the amount of drinks I’ve already pumped into myself, I was fearless. I set the pint of amber drink down on the ledge and effortlessly left the safety of my small group and glided across the room to where Frank was laughing happily. His diamond hazel eyes found mine. I filled in the gap between us and wrapped my arms around his neck. My heart was racing and my mind was full of confidence. In that moment, I pressed my lips against his soft, warm lips; the lip ring was cold and sent shivers down my spine. At first he was surprised by my actions but after a second I felt his hands band aid themselves onto my sides and his lips begin to force back against mine. I figured since I was going to die at the end of the summer, I might as well die happy.

July 4th

I sat behind the wheel of my old baby blue hippie van in a pair of white short shorts, a light grey tank top with a teal tank top underneath. I wore a pair of beige cop sunglasses. There was a Marlboro cigarette between my index and middle finger as we sat parked on the now muddy, hill in the middle of Butt-Fuck-Nowhere for a fourth of July festival that Jimmy dragged us to. He and his band mates are playing so it’ll be interesting to see them in action. My camera sat on the seat between my thighs, the hot leather burned me but I endured the pain.

Dad nagged me about remembering to drink plenty of water and apply sun screen every couple of hours and don’t take any cigarettes or drinks from strangers. Instead of telling him that I wasn’t new to this whole festival thing, I just smiled and nodded. It was a four hour drive from the house to here and we left at seven-ish this morning.

Rae and Gerard sat together in the door of the van talking about their favourite morbidly theatrical artists while Mikey and Ray were soaking in the hot California sun. My brother and his friends/band mates were busy getting ready, Brian my brother’s best friend’s girlfriend, Michelle was sunbathing in the grass while her twin sister, Val was backstage helping the guys. I could feel Frank staring at me; it was so obvious he was. Since mine and Frank’s kiss a couple of days ago, nothing has changed. Y’know you read about how things get awkward after two friends fall in love but in our case, nothing has really changed. We’re both very much into each other and we haven’t stopped talking or acting differently around each other. I’ve just snuck into the camper at night to be with him. What can I say? My dad thinks I’m a good little girl when really I’m not.