Chapter 24 - Two days left

Several days later, the whole South Korea was congratulating the royal family. There was only two days left till the grand wedding of the youngest daughter of the King and Queen’s wedding. The wedding was going to take place at the enormous garden of the royal mansion. The whole garden was already decorated elegantly and luxuriously with flowers and such. The maids had already set out the white chairs for the guest while the arch was decorated with roses on the side. All the maids were busy arranging and cleaning the garden for the big day. To avoid any mistakes, the maids focussed 100 percent to every single details even the tiniest details you could find. While everyone was busy with the wedding plans, Jessica was in her bedroom with an unreadable expression on. She was sitting by her window, looking out of the view which was the garden. She watched as everyone was preparing for the wedding with big smiles on and an excited heart. Jessica sighed to herself as she tapped the window with boredom. Everyone was happy, but her; the bride. Jessica pouted as she left her bedroom. She had decided to pay her two level walk in wardrobe a visit. Of course, she wanted to see the dress. The white long wedding dress. The wedding dress was hanging on the rack beside the mirror, ready for her to pick it up and slip it on. The wedding dress was beautiful, but… Jessica didn’t want to wear it. Not for Seungho at least.

Jessica heaved out a heavy sigh while leaving the room. She didn’t want to go back to her bedroom to face the walls therefore she decided to take a walk in the garden.  “Good morning princess Jessica.” The maids greeted her once Jessica stepped onto the garden. The grass was freshly cut and the cement part of the garden was spotless, no leaves or anything on the floor.  Jessica gave them a brief smile before continuing on walking straight ahead. She walked past all the chairs and decorations, Not even glancing at them once. Sighing, Jessica walked over to the wooden garden chair by the pond with fishes swimming in it. Jessica pouted as she looked at the pond and looked at the two fishes swimming happily together, she then remember all the good memories with Key “Princess Jessica.” Jessica shook off the thoughts once she heard her name being called. “Ahjumma Choi.” Jessica gave her a small smile then scooted more to the side so Ahjumma Choi could sit down beside her. “Are you nervous, dear?” Ahjumma Choi patted Jessica’s hand gently. Jessica silently let out a sigh as she shook her head a little. “Should I be?” Jessica asked in a whisper tone voice. Ahjumma squeezed her soft hands lightly. “Do you miss him?” Jessica frowned, though her mind had always been occupied by Key; Whenever she hears someone mentioning about him, the pain would gradually come back because she knew, reality was like that. It will always hit her hard that she can never be with Key as her wedding was just in two days time. “I don’t know what to do…” Jessica whispered, her soft sobs audible. Ahjumma Choi placed her arm around Jessica’s shoulder as she comforted her like a mother. “Princess Jessica, Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.” Of course, Ahjumma Choi knew everything would be fine. Other than the royal siblings, Ahjumma Choi was the only one that knows the plan. However, though she felt happy for the two, she still knows that she will miss them very much. Jessica was like a daughter to her and Key was like a second son to her. Both were very close kids to her.

“You should go back in and change now. Prince Seungho’s family will be arriving this afternoon. You will be having dinner with them tonight.” Ahjumma Choi patted Jessica’s cheek softly. Jessica made a small nod before standing up from the garden wooden chair. Ahjumma Choi then walked Jessica back into the mansion. “Ahjumma Choi, Have you seen Seul gi unnie and Tiffany unnie these days?” Jessica asked once she stepped into her walk in wardrobe. “They are probably busy with the wedding preparations.” Ahjumma Choi lied for the siblings. Jessica nodded tiredly at her. “Well I’m going to change now, Can you inform me when the Yang family arrives?” Jessica spoke, referring to Seungho’s family. Of course, having a Korean ancestor as Japanese royalties, They are bound to have a Korean surname too.