Chapter 25 - Running away

The very next morning, Jessica woke up due to the sun shining into her window. It was only 6am and her drapes were opened therefore more sunshine was shining in. Jessica rubbed her eyes as she pulled the duvets over her head. “Wake up sleepyhead.” Jessica heard her brother’s voice. Jessica was confused why Yunho was in her room in such an early time, however she was too tired to wake up and question him. “Sica ah, wake up. We have a surprise for you.” Tiffany’s voice was then heard. Jessica mumbled into the duvets. “I don’t want to see the wedding cake.” Jessica thought the surprise was the arrival of the grand wedding cake. Tiffany chuckled softly before yanking off the duvet gently off Jessica. Jessica pouted as she sat up on her bed then ran her hands through her hair so it wasn’t as messy. “The surprise better be good.” Jessica muttered tiredly. Yunho smiled widely at her. “Oh, It’s good. Beyond good.” Jessica eyed her brother with curiosity. “What is it?” Jessica rubbed her eyes some more. “Oh.. Minho oppa, you’re here too?” Jessica noticed Minho’s presence sitting on her couch. But another person’s presence caused Jessica to be more surprised. “Jjong oppa!” Jessica quickly jumped off her bed and ran over to the couch to give Jonghyun a big hug, “I missed you! I missed you! I missed you so much!” Jessica exclaimed. Jonghyun chuckled at her response as he patted her head gently. Yunho and Tiffany watched in awe. Jessica Jung really did change. She had real friends that she loves.

Jonghyun broke the hug with a big smile on. “Is this the surprise oppa? If it is, then it IS beyond good. Why are they here though? Are they invited to the wedding? Did Ahjumma Choi invited them? Omo, I better go and thank Ahjumma Choi now!” Jessica spoke in one breath, she was happy. For once after arriving back at the mansion, she felt happy. Jessica was about to walk over to her door to leave to look for Ahjumma Choi, however Yunho stopped her. “Babo, This isn’t the surprise.”

“Huh?” Jessica arched a brow as she took her hand off the doorknob. “Sica ah, The surprise is waiting for you next door.” Minho informed her with a warm smile. “Huh? My study room? Did you guys get me a book or something?” Jessica knitted her eyebrows together with confusion. Everyone chuckled at her silly comment. “Trust me, It’s better than a book.” Jonghyun laughed lightly. Everyone nodded in agreement. “You better go change first.” Tiffany handed Jessica a set of outfit to change. Jessica was confused however obediently entered her bathroom to do her morning routine and get change. While doing so, she was thinking what would be the surprise. Meanwhile back in her bedroom, Seul gi, Jaejoong and Ahjumma Choi had entered the room. “Is she ready?” Seul gi asked.

“She’s changing now.” Tiffany smiled. “He’s waiting for her in there.” Jaejoong smiled at his wife. “I hope this will work out smoothly.” Yunho, as the oldest spoke. Everyone nodded at their Prince.

“Okay, I’m changed now.” Jessica stepped back into her bedroom. “Oh, Seul gi unnie, Jaejoong oppa and Ahjumma Choi. Why is everyone here? Is there something big happening?” Jessica was taken back that everyone was in her bedroom waiting for her. Not to mention, they weren’t just anyone. They were the people that she loves. “As we said before, your surprise is waiting for you next door.” Yunho patted Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica nodded slowly, still trying to figure out what was happening. Everyone then followed Jessica as she walked towards her study room. Jessica opened the door with an anxious heart. “We’ll come in with you.” Tiffany smiled while patting Jessica’s shoulder.

Jessica then walked into her study room with curiosity. The royal siblings stood behind while Jessica walked further down where she saw a figure standing by the window. The figure’s back was facing her. She didn’t recognise the figure from behind. He was wearing a black suit. The hairstyle was cut neatly short and the colour was honey brown. Jessica arched a brow as she tried to figure out who was that person and why it was a surprise. “Oppa, What surprise is this? Who is he?” Jessica turned her head around to ask Yunho. However, Yunho motioned her to walk closer to the figure. Jessica stopped walking once she was just a few steps away from the mysterious figure. “Excuse me.” Jessica spoke once again after not hearing any response from the figure in front. That second, as if in slow motion; The figure in front turned around. Jessica saw clearly who it was. After months of not seeing him, Jessica could not believe that the very person in front of her was no other than Kim Ki Bum. She had never thought of seeing him in her mansion. Key was different, appearance wise. He had cut his hair neatly; not too short. His hair colour was different. Not to mention his clothing style. It used to be just a Tee and whatever bottoms he could find in his bedroom. Now, he was wearing a black suit with a pure white dress shirt. It was cheesy, But to Jessica the person in front of her was her prince charming.