Chapter 1 - Finding a place

Jessica silently whined to herself while she walked down the long hallway in her mansion to her room. Somehow she was having a mixture of feelings flowing through her. She was scared, Because she had to be by herself when she’s out there. She was nervous, Because she had never lived outside other than her own mansion. She was excited, as she was able to be free for three months. However, She was also feeling a tinge of happiness as she was able to explore the world without having to be trapped under her Mother and Father’s orders.

Jessica heaved out a heavy sigh once she thought about how she was going to survive out there. Questions were appearing in her confused mind. Her body shivered as the thought of working appeared in her mind. Working means there will be a boss, Having a boss means she will be bossed around and being bossed around was defiantly not on the list of being a princess.

“Jessica, Did you talk to appa yet?” Jessica entered her enormous room to see her brother sitting on the beige leather couch by the window. Yunho, The oldest child and the only prince was Jessica’s brother. He is married to Bae Seul gi and they were living under the mansion as well. The other side of the mansion to be exact.

Jessica gave her brother a brief nod. “He said if I can last being a commoner for three months then I don’t have to get married to someone I don’t know. But if I don’t survive out there then I will have to get married to that dude.” Jessica plopped down her the couch, not caring about her sitting posture. Even though she is a princess, She never acted like one. She was however, used to the glamour things a princess receives yet she never cared about the words she chose to used or the posture she showed.

Yunho held onto her delicate hand and patted it gently, comforting his little sister. “It’s not fair how you and unnie got to marry someone you like.” Jessica complained, pouting. Yunho understood her feelings, he too was forced to marry someone he did not know however he eventually got through the difficult stage and married someone he truly loves. The fact that he was the 1st prince gave him a lot of pressure as there was 99 percent chance that he would be the next king. However Yunho had always carried a bright smile on, because he wants the people around him to be happy.

“So when are you moving out?” Yunho brought up another conversation. Jessica slouched down her shoulders, sighing. “Two days time.” Yunho patted her back softly, once again comforting her. “If you need help when you’re out there, just call me.” He wanted to help her as much as he can. Jessica shook her head as she puffed out her cheeks. “Appa said I can’t contact anyone in the mansion for help. If I do, It means I lost in the deal.”

Yunho let out a sigh, he was concerned about his sister. “Do you think you’ll be okay?” He asked, slightly raising an eyebrow. Jessica shrugged her shoulders, she was worried too. “I’ll do anything to not marry that guy. I haven’t even met him yet.”

“Just take care of yourself, okay? I’ll send out a body guard to follow you. I wont let appa know.” Yunho gently ruffled his sister’s hair as he stood up from the couch. Jessica nodded, giving him a smile. She appreciated Yunho’s caring towards her. “Well, I have to go now. I have a meeting with the government later.” Yunho looked at the watch on his wrist, checking the time. Jessica nodded, waving her hand, letting him go. “You should start packing now.” He gave her a comforting smile, giving her strength. Jessica nodded lazily. Yunho then left her bedroom.

Jessica tightly shut her eyes as she leaned back on her leather couch. She titled her head, facing the high ceiling.  Just when Jessica was slowly feeling better, one of the hundreds of maids entered the bedroom. “Princess Jessica.” The maid called out softly, standing in front of the leather couch. Jessica opened her eyes as she sat up straight. “Yes?”

“King Jung had informed me to tell you that you are only allowed to pack clothes and necessary items.” Jessica groaned, keeping in her annoyance and anger. She heaved out a low heavy sigh as she waved at the maid, signalling her to leave. Jessica got up from the leather couch and walked out of her bedroom, walking to the room across from her which was one level of her wardrobe. Jessica lazily grabbed a suitcase from the bags section and made small steps towards her clothes section. She slightly rubbed her chin while thinking of what to pack. It’s three months without her 3 level wardrobe and her two level bedroom.