Chapter 26 - Happily ever after

The minute Jessica stepped out of the car, Key stood beside her at all times. The royal siblings, Minho, Jonghyun, Ahjumma Choi, Yoona and Taecyeon all stood by Key and Jessica’s side. As if protecting the couple. King Jung looked at Jessica with  much disappointment. Seungho was standing beside King Jung, his frown shown. Seungho felt as if his heart was stabbed to see the women he love run away with another man.

“Appa..” Yunho was the first to spoke. The helicopters were still flying above them. Police cars was still surrounding them. “Jung Yunho, Be quite!” Everyone froze as they witness the king of Korea’s angry loud voice. “Jessica Jung, You.. How dare you!” King Jung stared at Jessica intensively. Jessica’s eyes was already dwelled up with tears. She was afraid. In her mind, she was thinking of punishments her father would think of. Locking her up in a room? Working at a farm for 10 years? Or even worse,  Moving her to Africa? Many thoughts were appearing in Jessica’s mind.

“King Jung, I love your daughter very much. I am willing to do anything to be with her..” Key held onto Jessica’s hand. Just when King Jung was about to let out his anger, Seungho had made a move. In a split second, Key fell on the cement floor hard because of Seungho’s punch full of anger and despise. “Oppa!” Jessica was about to help Key up, however King Jung had grabbed onto her hand; not letting her near Key. King Jung then attempted to drag Jessica to the limousine. “Let me go!” For the very first time, Jessica Jung; Princess Jessica had yelled at her own father, The king. Everyone didn’t dare utter a word. Queen Jung gasped at Jessica’s action. King Jung couldn’t take it anymore. The next movement the King did, Everyone was shocked. Key quickly stood beside Jessica and supported her. “Honey..” Queen Jung’s eyes widen as she rushed over to the King’s side. “Appa, You’ve never slapped any of us before. Even when we were kids.” Tiffany didn’t believe that King Jung has just slapped Jessica across the face. Her cheek already had a red mark on it.

“How can you do this to me, Jessica! You’re a princess! Do you know how much will this bring down our reputation? The whole country will laugh about this, about us. Do you know how foolish you are! I am very disappointed in you!” King Jung literally roared at Jessica. His face was red from the anger he had inside. Jessica let her tears roll down however, she remained strong. “You’re a princess, you have everything you want. I give you the most expensive things you could ask for. The whole century is yours. What is it that doesn’t make you satisfied? That you have to run away with a commoner!”

“Do you know.. Do you know how much I hate being a princess now?” She daringly said as she glared at him. King Jung held up his hand, he had enough of Jessica's stubborn behaviour. The second King Jung was about to slap her again, Yunho stood in front of Jessica to protect her. “Jung Yunho, Move aside. I will deal with you later!” Yunho’s anger was probably at the same level as King Jung. He couldn’t just stand there when his sister was being yelled at. Of course he had to do something, Not as the first prince but as a brother. “I’ve had enough of this crap!” Despite the words Yunho had chosen to use, King Jung was most surprised that Yunho had raised his voice at him. “You think Jessica is happy?!” His veins were visible on his neck, everyone knew Yunho was angry, very angry. Even his own wife, Seul gi was taken back by his outburst. “She has everyone any daughter would want! Why would she not be happy?” King Jung tried to stay calm. “Really? You really think so? You must be kidding me! Jessica had been suffering the past weeks. Did you know that? She isn’t even close to happy!”

King Jung chuckled bitterly at Yunho’s comment. “Kim Ki Bum, what have you done to my daughter. All because of you she had changed.” King Jung turned to face Key, expression's dark. “It’s not Key’s fault.” Jessica talked back. “Jessica had never liked the life in the mansion.” Tiffany stepped out and spoke. “You shower her with everything, appa. But she had never been happy, for real. Do you know how much Jessica had cried to me about it? Her birthday, Christmas and any other holidays, she would always cry to herself in her room. Do you know why? Because she feels lonely. You never allow her to go out without hundreds of guards following her. She’s always facing the four walls in her room. The only people that Jessica had came across with are the maids, butlers and the teachers you had hired to tutor her.” Tiffany explained. King Jung was gradually listening to the Prince and Princess’s words. “When you had that deal with Jessica, Of course, me and Tiffany was worried. But you know what? Deep down, we were happy. We knew Jessica would feel free and happy once she’s out in the city. And we were right, although she, herself was worried about herself too; we all knew she would be happy.” Yunho added.