Chapter 6 - Cold Key

Jessica and Key was still in the sushi restaurant, eating and talking among themselves. Although Jessica still felt uncomfortable and uneasy with Key as they were not so close, She enjoyed her meal with him.

He may still have a small impression of her as the spoilt princess, but he can’t deny the fact that she’s beautiful. He had seen her before, in the news or on the internet, but when in person; She looked even more beautiful. Princesses are pretty and Jessica Jung was beyond pretty.

“ So what do you do in the mansion? Sleep and play?”  He asked, assuming that Jessica would have nothing to do since everyone else does all the things for her. Jessica shook her head, slightly offended by his words. “ No, I  actually study. I have meetings as well because one day, I will have to be in charge of something.”  Jessica answered then reached out for her glass of water. “What do you study?”  Key asked, being more curious. ‘ So she’s a smart princess.’  He thought.

“ Business. Appa said I have to study business for future uses.”  Jessica replied, her expression told Key that she didn’t like it. “ Aw, Daddy’s girl doesn’t like it?”  He joked. Jessica scrunched her nose at him before commenting. “ Actually, I don’t like it. I have more interest in dancing.”  She smiled proudly. Once dancing was mentioned, Key’s full attention was on her. Because, his passion is dancing too. However, because of economic issues, Key was not able to go to Dance University to fulfil his dreams, But even without the classes Key could still pull off as an amazing dancer.

“ You dance?”

Jessica nodded, smiling while popping a piece of salmon sushi in her mouth. “ Ballet, popping and locking. I’ve been secretly learning for the past 5 years now.”  She answered truthfully. Key was amazed to hear that the elegant princess was learning how to do popping and locking, while ballet was reasonable for a princess to learn.  “ Secretly? Why?”

“ Appa just approves me learning ballet, So I have to secretly learn popping and locking. Appa is too busy to even know if I eat my meals on time. He’s always out of the country or having meetings.” Jessica replied.

Key nodded, understanding. “ You know, I know how to dance too. Maybe sometime you can show me your skills.”  Key spoke, putting on a small smile. Jessica felt as if she was finally being accepted by Key, but then his next statement made her thought fall apart. “I always thought princesses wouldn’t go against their fathers wishes.”  He let out a soft chuckle, not aware that he had offended Jessica again. He didn’t know his remarks were offending her.

Jessica forced out a smile. “ If I follow appa’s wishes all the time, I wouldn’t be here anyways.”  She mumbled. “ Oh, look. There’s Yoona.”  Key suddenly pointed outside the window. Yoona saw the two and waved at them before entering the restaurant . “Great.”  Jessica muttered, secretly rolling her eyes. Yoona came into the restaurant and approached their table. “ Hey, Do you mind if I join?”  Yoona asked nicely. Key shook his head, gesturing to the empty chair beside him. “ Of course not.” He smiled. Yoona returned the smile and sat down beside him.

Yoona totally ignored Jessica's presence and Jessica did the same. Jessica ate her food quietly while Yoona and Key chatted. “ So oppa, What are you doing tonight? If I’m correct, you’re off at 8 today.”  Key nodded with a smile. “ I’m just going to go home.”  He replied. “ I’m anticipating to taste Jessica's cooking skills.” Key smiled. Jessica almost choked on her rice. “ I have to start cooking dinner tonight? But Minho oppa and Jonghyun oppa said they are taking me out for something to eat when I’m off work.”

Yoona saw the disappointment on Key’s face. She did not like it at all. “ Oh, Oppa. How about we have dinner together then. I’ll go over to your place and cook you something delicious.”  Yoona decided to make a move. Key nodded, thinking it was nice of Yoona do to so. “ Well, I’m finish eating now. I’m going back.”  Jessica knew Yoona disliked her presence, therefore she decided to be nice to her for once and just leave the two alone. Jessica grabbed her bag and coat then walked out of the restaurant.