Chapter 21 - Last Chance gone

Jessica was lounging in her bedroom with her headphones on and bobbing her head slightly to the music. While resting her arm on the arm rest of her couch, she had her eyes closed as she relaxed the very moment. The past days since she came back to the mansion, she had been very busy. Although every second she was occupied with something, her mind was still filled with thoughts of Key. ‘Is Key oppa eating well? Is he wearing enough clothes? Is Key oppa still upset? Is he doing fine?’ Questions would always pop up in her mind.

Suddenly, Jessica felt someone tapping her shoulders. She opened her eyes and was surprised to see who it was. “M.. Minho oppa?” She was in shock to see Minho in her room, in her mansion. Most of all, He was holding onto Baby Bum. “How did you come in? How did you bring Baby Bum here?” Jessica instantly jerked up from the couch so she can hold Baby Bum in her arms. She didn’t care if she was getting her expensive clothes dirty, She missed Baby Bum too. “Baby, Did you eat well these days?” Jessica stroked Baby Bum gently. By looking at Jessica’s eyes, Minho knew she still loves Baby Bum. He thought he really left them because she was just one of those princesses, but after seeing her reaction; He was positive that Jessica Jung was the same girl he knew two months ago.

“Care to explain?” Minho raised his eyebrow as he folded his arms. Jessica pouted as she sat back down with Baby Bum resting on her laps. Minho sat down beside her. “Umma told me why. You’re a really silly girl, Sica.”

“.. Or should I say Princess Jessica.” He added, feeling upset that Jessica had left them without saying anything beforehand. “Oppa, Don’t be angry.” Jessica slightly pouted as she looked into Minho’s eyes. “It was the only thing I could do. I didn’t want him to get hurt further more.” Jessica said as she looked down at Baby Bum, not wanting Minho to see her tears dwelling up. “What are you doing now then?”

Jessica didn’t utter a word, she was scared too. Minho was angry at her, his voice expressed it. “I’m sorry.” Was all Jessica had said. Minho shook his head as he softened his facial expression. “Jessica, I’m not angry at you. I just felt.. Betrayed when you suddenly left without telling me and Jonghyun. We thought we were your friends.”

Jessica looked up to see his eyes. “You guys are my friend. The closet friend I’ve ever had. But I couldn’t tell you that day because it was just so sudden.” Jessica felt more guilty that she just left them once she saw Minho’s eyes. He really did felt betrayed, felt hurt.

“Is.. He doing okay now?”

Jessica took up the courage to ask. Minho heaved out a heavy sigh before shaking his head. “He’s like a dead person. He goes to work then go home straight after. He drinks alcohol till he knocks out. Then when he wakes up he does the same routine. Work, Home, Drink.” Minho explained in his deep voice. His eyebrows almost knitting together when he was speaking. Jessica sighed once she knew how Key was doing. “I thought you might wanted to see Baby Bum so I told Key that I’m taking Baby Bum out for a walk. He doesn’t know that I’m seeing you too.” He added.

“Thanks oppa. For trusting me even when I just left.” Jessica put on a small smile. Minho patted her head softly. “I told you, You’re not princess Jessica to us. You’re just Jessica Jung .”

Jessica felt her tears dwelling up more therefore she quickly rubbed her eyes. “Oppa, Does he knows that I actually love him?” She spoke while holding back her tears. Minho bit his lower lip as he shook his head. “He.. Thought everything was just a game to you. He saw your press conference on TV, he was really angry. Everything you said made him disappointed. He thought everything you said and did was just lies. He thinks you’re the typical princess now.” Minho said truthfully to her. Jessica gave him an awkward smile, she wanted to hide her frown but failed to. One simple pat on the back from Minho made her tears stream down. “Does Jonghyun oppa hate me too? And Nicole and Bom unnie. Kyuhyun oppa and Onew must hate me too.” She cried into his arms. Minho patted the back of her head gently. “No, they don’t. They were just confused. Don’t worry, no one hates you.” He comforted her. Jessica shook her head. “Key oppa hates me now.”