Chapter 3 - First day of working

Jessica woke up due to the sunlight shining from the outside. The curtains were opened, causing the sun light to shine in. Jessica squinted her eyes as she lazily got up and closed the curtains then plopped back down on her bed, well Jonghyun’s bed. She pulled the covers over her head, wanting to go back to sleep. However, she groaned once her covers were pulled off her. She still had her eyes closed. “Sica ah, It’s time to wake up. You have to look for a job today.” Minho’s voice was heard. Jessica shook her head, not wanting to wake up. Even when she was a princess, she was allowed to wake up anytime she wanted. She was never a morning person, specifically not a half 8 morning person.

Minho sat on the edge of the bed, putting weight on it. Jessica slightly rolled to the other side, attempting to pull the covers up but Minho held onto it. “If you don’t find a job, you won’t have enough money. If you run out of money, then you will have to go back. Then you’ll have to marry someone arranged by the king.” Minho explained, smiling widely. Knowing well that Jessica would never want to go back before 3 months time. Jessica opened one of her eyes, slightly kicking off the covers that was covering her leg. Jessica sat up on the bed, half a wake half asleep. Minho chuckled at the younger, sleepy girl. “Bali, We have to be there in 30 minutes.” Minho patted her back before leaving the room. Jessica lazily got out of the bed and walked to the living room with the things she had brought to Jonghyun’s flat. “I’m going to go back over and wash up and change. Minho oppa, Can you come over in 15 minutes?” Jessica pointed at the door, ready to leave. Minho nodded, waving his hand while reading the newspaper. “I’ll see you later Jonghyun oppa.” Jessica waved at Jonghyun before leaving his condo.

Once Jessica stood in front of Key’s door, she realised that she doesn’t even have the keys yet. She was debating whether she should ring the doorbell or not. ‘Is Key awake now? What if the doorbell wakes him up?’ Jessica thought. After much considering and hesitation, Jessica rung the doorbell. Several seconds later, Key opened the door. Still in his pyjamas and his messy hair. “I’m sorry, Did I wake you up?” Jessica apologised, bowing her head. Key shook his hand, Opening the door widely for her to enter. “I’m just going to wash up quickly and leave. Minho oppa is bringing me over to the BBQ restaurant to see if I can get a job there.” Jessica didn’t know why, but she felt like she had to inform him. Key nodded, probably still half asleep. “I’m going to get ready for work too. I’ll leave with you two.” Jessica was somehow surprised to hear him talk, not that he was mute but Jessica just thought he wouldn’t talk to her.

Jessica gave him a small nod before entering the bathroom.  Once she was finished washing up and changing, She exited the bathroom and saw Minho sitting on the couch. “Ready?” He asked, noticing Jessica was all dressed. She nodded as she fixed her hair that was let down naturally. “Key is changing now. When he’s done then we’ll leave.” Minho informed her. “Did Jonghyun oppa go to the middle school already?” Jessica started a casual conversation. Minho nodded his head as he shifted aside, giving room for Jessica to sit down. “Do you work?” She asked, being curious again. Minho smiled, nodding. “I handle my appa’s company over here while he handles the one in China.” Jessica nodded, realising that Minho was somehow rich.

“I’m ready.” Key came out of his bedroom, dressed neatly. White shirt and black jeans, just suitable for work. Jessica and Minho then got up from the couch, heading for the door with Key following.

Approximately 30 minutes, The three of them had arrived at the restaurant, thanks to Minho who had drove his car. Both Key and Jonghyun didn’t own a car as they travel by public transports. “There’s no one here.” Jessica commented as they stepped in, indeed there was no one there. No customers were there, only a few of the employees were there.

“Of course there’s no one here, The opening time is 11 am.” Key spoke. Jessica slightly pouted while nodding. A man in his 40’s then came out of the kitchen. “Key, you’re here early today.” Key nodded with a smile. “Since I’m such a good employee, you should raise my wages.” Key jokingly said. Jessica then realised that he must be the boss, the owner. Minho then held onto Jessica’s arm and walked up to the boss. “Mr. Im, This is Jessica. She is looking for a job now and I was thinking if you could hire her.” Minho asked politely. Mr. Im bowed respectfully, shaking Jessica’s hand. “Princess Jessica, It’s a pleasure in meeting you.” Jessica smiled shyly at him. The three employee’s were whispering to each other at the back. “Is she really the princess?” “Why does she need to work here?”