Chapter 8 - Exploring the city

Jessica was spending the remaining night with Minho, Jonghyun, Key and Yoona. Although, Jessica knew clearly that Yoona disliked her the very second they met, Jessica still remained her smile when eating dinner. She is a princess after all, and being polite was number one on the list. “Jessica ah, What else did Seungho say to you?” Minho asked as he picked up a piece of meat with his chopsticks. They were all seated around the rectangular dining table in between the kitchen and living room.

“Well, He offered me to move into his penthouse.” Jessica answered casually. “When I first saw him, it was like he was glowing!” Jonghyun exaggerated his words as he was still in shock to see a royalty, of course apart from Jessica.  Jessica chuckled at Jonghyun’s words. Yoona faked a laugh as she already had no mood because her night with Key was ruined. “Umma said King Jung is very worried about you.” Minho suddenly mentioned the King, Jessica sighed as she put down her chopsticks. Jonghyun gently kicked Minho’s leg under the table. “Sorry if I said something wrong.” Minho apologised as he looked at Jessica with concern. Jessica gave him an assuring smile as she shook her head a little. “No, You didn’t say anything wrong oppa. It’s just that, If appa really worries me then why would he want me to marry someone that I don’t even know?” Jessica noticed the mood had suddenly went down, therefore she put on a bright smile; not wanting the boys to be worried about her. “Let’s talk about something else.” She smiled at them as she picked up her chopsticks. Jonghyun nodded, wanting to bring back up the mood. Everyone then continued on talking among themselves.

“Yoona, Can I take the day off tomorrow? You can reduce my wages at the end of the week if you want.” Jessica spoke after a while of conversing with the boys. “Taking a day off won’t cause your wages to decrease.” Key chuckled softly at her, She really didn’t know anything about working in the real world. “You might just have to work more to fill the time that you didn’t work.” He explained while Jessica nodded. “Yeah, Sure. I’ll tell appa about it.” Yoona smiled kindly at Jessica. “Thanks.” Though, Jessica saw right through that smile of Yoona’s; she still had to thank her. “Why are you taking the day off?” Key asked with curiosity. “I want to walk around the city.” Jessica replied casually. “Will you be okay? Do you want us to come with you?” Minho asked, worried about her. Yoona watched with jealously. ‘Tsk, She’s not a baby. Why do you all care so much about her.’ Yoona thought angrily, however she hid her anger and jealously.

Jessica nodded her head while smiling brightly at them. “I’ll be fine. If I get lost I’ll just call you guys.” She assured them. The three boys nodded.  Yoona then coughed purposely while sitting up straight. “Oppa, I think I have to leave now.” She said politely, specifically turning to face Key. Key nodded his head as he got up from his seat. Yoona also got up. “I’ll wait outside with you till you get on the taxi.” Key insisted nicely with a smile. Yoona, of course accepted his offer. “Bye Jessica, Minho oppa and Jonghyun oppa.” Yoona waved at the three. “See you tomorrow.”

Yoona and Key then left the condo. “Well, It’s getting late now. We should clean up.” Jonghyun suggested. The three then stood up from their seat. “Oppa, You can leave first. It’s already 10, you should go home and sleep.” Jessica said to Minho,  taking the empty dish from his hands. “I’ll clean these up, You two should rest early.” Jessica spoke to the two. “Are you sure,? We can help you clean up.” Minho said kindly. Jessica shook her head with a smile. “Jonghyun oppa, you have to wake up early for work at the school and Minho oppa, Ahjumma says you have to leave early for the company everyday, so you two should go home and sleep.” Jessica smiled at them. The boys couldn’t help but smile at her thoughtfulness. “Araso, But you don’t have to wash the dishes, you can just put them in the dishwasher.” Jonghyun pointed to the dishwasher. Jessica nodded, assuring them that she‘ll be fine.