Chapter 23 - Training

Key and Yunho were seated on the couch, Key didn’t dare to move an inch or speak a word. He was scared that Yunho was angry at him because he had hurt Jessica. Also, because Yunho was the first prince, he was more scared. Key tried to relax himself as he reminded him that Yunho was a friendly person, but after what happened with Jessica; Key couldn’t ease himself down one bit.

“Since I’ve heard Jessica’s story, I might as well hear this side of the story too.” Was the first words Yunho had spoken since he had entered the condo. Key swallowed his saliva hard as he cleared his throat. “Can I just ask you one question first?” Yunho leaned forewords as he rested his elbows on his knees while placing his hands together. “Do you love Jessica?” “Yes, I do. A lot.” Key answered without hesitation. “Then coming here was the right thing to do. Now, tell me what happened.” Yunho gave him a smile. Key’s facial expression relaxed once he saw Yunho’s smile. “When she left me.. I was heartbroken. But after watching her press conference, I wasn’t just upset. I was angry. I thought she was lying about everything. Everything was just an act.” Key said in his husky hoarse voice. “But.. I knew everything was real the second she came back. But…”

Yunho finished the sentence for him. “She saw you with another girl on your bed?” Key sighed as he nodded. “Yoona was only comforting me. I was slightly drunk, but I knew what I was doing. I was getting really tired that day, So Yoona insisted on bringing me to my bed. She was going to leave, but I told her to lie down beside so we can talk. The only thing we did was talk. I ended up letting a tear roll down because I really missed Jessica, but the second Yoona touched my cheeks to wipe away my tear, Jessica came in. She was really angry and didn’t let me explain.” Key lowered his head, his tears were dwelling up. Yunho patted his back softly. “Jessica won’t believe me. But please, you have to believe me.” Key choked out.

Yunho nodded at him, telling him that everything was okay. “I believe you, Key. That’s why I’m here, I‘m going to help you.”

Key let out a bitter snicker. “There’s no use, Prince Yunho. I saw the news, She’s already getting married to Prince Seungho. It’s confirmed.”

“Key, She’s doesn’t want to marry him. The one she loves is you. She’s been like a dead person these days, whenever your name was mention she would always cry. She misses you very much.”

Key could only sigh, it was already too late. “Key, are you willing to do anything to be with my sister?” Yunho asked, changing his tone of voice to a more serious one. Key nodded within a split second. “Well then, till the day of the wedding; I will be coming here everyday to train you.”

Key raised an eyebrow with confusion. Yunho spoke as he saw his questioning eyes. “Train you to become a prince for Jessica. You won’t be a real prince, but you can be the one and only prince charming to her. The two of you will run away and live happily ever after.”

\./

“Are you sure this is going to work out? What if appa finds out or catches them?” Tiffany asked her brother for the tenth time. They were all  back in Yunho’s office having their special meeting. “I’m still unsure about this idea. Why can’t we just ask appa if Jessica can marry Key?” Seul gi questioned with a worried heart. “Appa isn’t going to let Jessica marry a commoner.” Yunho replied with a slight frown. “But if they run away, will they be happy? That means we won't be able to see Jessica forever.” Tiffany frowned. “Of course we can, Since we’re the ones providing them everything for the runaway. We’ll know where they are and how they’re doing. We can always secretly go and see them even if they move to Africa.” Jaejoong commented with a smile. The two royal ladies sighed. “Let’s just pray that everything will go well.”

The first day of training then came. Although Yunho was a very busy person, he had found some time to sneak out to Key’s place. “Training won’t last long because I can’t be missing for that long.” Yunho said to Key. “Number one rule, no drinking.” Yunho took the beer off Key’s hand. “Do you think this plan will work? I mean.. running away with a princess seems unreal.” Key was still having second thoughts about it. He loves Jessica, but he didn’t want Jessica to have a bad life after running away. “It’ll be fine. Also, my sister will come over here tomorrow instead of me because I have a meeting out of the country.” Yunho spoke casually.