Chapter Twenty

We made dinner and by the time we had finished eating it, it was 1:30pm. I had plenty of time before I had to start getting ready. I suggested we should watch a film, Chloe's sudden response was 'Love Actually.' I turned her down because I was really fed up of this film. Chloe then refused to watch another film, so I guess that was out the window. Paulo suggested the idea of giving each other makeovers, I disagreed. If I wanted a makeover I would go into town and get one, I suggested an idea and everyone agreed, so looks like we were going back into town. We arrived back in town and decided we should get a coffee and plan out what we were going to get done. We ordered our drinks at Costa and took a seat at a table.

"Hey. Why don't you two ask the guys if they want to go out tonight so you can have a makeover for a reason?" I smiled. The girls immediately agreed and within no time, they had dates for tonight.

                   An hour later after having our drinks and gossiping, we were ready to remake ourselves. We decided we were going to get our hair done first. I had my hair cut into layers and side fringe then asked them to curl it. Chloe got herself a full fringe and got her hair dyed red. Paulo just got her hair styled. This took an hour in total. Next we went to get our make up done at boots. 45 minutes later and our makeup was perfect. Finally we went to get our nails done. I decided I wanted gels nails, so did Chloe, Paulo just wanted hers painted. An hour later, our nails were done and we were back home. I checked my watch, 4:15pm, we had 3 hours, 45 minutes to get ready until the guys arrived. We got up to my room and I chucked myself on my bed. I saw the girls giggling out of the corner of my eye.

"What's so funny?" I asked them. They were looking in a black bag. "What's in the bag?" I asked. They didn't reply, they kept giggling. I got up off the bed and grabbed the bag off them.

"Hey!" Chloe shouted.

"Well you should of told me what was inside in the first place!" I shouted back. I put my hand into the bag and pulled out a box. There was a label attached to the box which read 'Dear Kathryn, Hope this comes in handy. Love your best friends, Chloe and Paulo'

"This box is for me anyway so why not let me have it?" I asked, the girls giggled I removed the lid. Inside was purple lingerie. "Whats this?!" I shouted. The girls burst into fits of laugther.

"Its purple lingerie." Paulo managed to get out.

"Yes, I can see that. But why do you have it. More importantly, why are you giving it to me as a 'present'?" I said.

"Well, we thought, because you're staying at Liam's tonight, it might come in handy." Chloe explained. I shot her a nasty look before slightly giggling myself.

"Excuse me Miss Hook, but what do you think I will be getting up to tonight?" I said. She didn't reply, she just winked at me. We all burst out laughing. I decided it was about time we got ready. I got on my blue dress and black heels before looking into the mirror to top up my makeup. Staring back at me was a completely different girl. I couldn't believe how different I looked, I hope Liam doesn't think I'm trying too much! Finally we were all ready. I didn't really pack a bag, I just put the essentials I needed in my handbag. I heard the doorbell ring, it was the boys. I forgot that my mum was in and she didn't know I was going on a date with Liam...and staying at his house. I started freaking out.

"Kathryn. Calm down. She will be fine with it. She was fine with you two going out, why would she not let you go on a date." Paulo said. I agreed and tried to calm myself down.

"Now, before you go, let's check that you've got the little present we got you on." Chloe giggled. I gave them a sneak peek before going downstairs.

"I was just about to shout you." Mum said. "Well you have a good night. What time you home?" she asked. I panicked again, what was I meant to say. Before I answered, Chloe butted in.

"She's staying at mine Helen, if thats okay with you?" Chloe said. My mum nodded but had that look in her eye that showed she didn't believe a word.

"Well you kids have fun tonight." Mum said, closing the door behind me. Liam came to greet me.

"Wow, babe. You look...stunning. Not that your not usually stunning, you just..." I put my finger on his lips.

"I know what you mean babe." I knew he was nervous. I didn't know why, it's not like it was our first date. "And you, Mr Payne, is looking very handsome." I said, smiling. We headed towards the limo, Liam in front so he could open the door.

"After you." He said, opening the door.

"Why thank you, Mr Payne." I liked calling him that, gave me a sense of authority. Liam closed the door and went round the other side and joined me in the limo. The driver set off, taking us to our secret destination.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Oh, you'll see." He replied.