Chapter Twenty Four

"Liam...I...I...I don't know what to say.." I said, struggling to get my words out.

"Just say yes?" Liam said, hopeful.

"Liam...no...but...don't you think it's too soon?" I said, hopeful he will understand where I'm coming from.

"Well I thought after our special night last night, you would want to marry me?" Liam said, lowering his arm which was holding the ring.

"I can understand that but it's only been 2 months..." I said, trying to explain as best as I could.

"You love me right?" Liam said, raising his voice a little.

"Of course I love you Liam. I love you with all my heart but it's too soon. Of course I wanna marry you...but not now." I said, smiling.

"So you don't wanna marry me then?" Liam said, quite aggressive.

"Yes...but not now." I smiled.

"Are you in love with someone else? I bet it's Niall isn't it?!" Liam shouted.

"What? Are you insane? I thought we had forgotten what happened between me and Niall? Anyway, to answer your question, of course I don't love anyone else, I only love you." I explained. He was being very harsh about the situation.

"Yeah, course you do. I bet you weren't thinking that when you were kissing Niall!" Liam shouted before realising what he had said.

"How dare you! You know I think the world of you but you obviously don't feel the same way. I thought you were a decent guy Liam, but I guess I was wrong!" Tears began falling. "How about you keep that ring for, oh, I dunno, Shannon?" I shouted, he had really pissed me off.

"You bitch!" Liam shouted before throwing his hand over his mouth. "Kat..I'm.."

"No Liam, just no. Don't ever speak to me again!" I screamed before running off in floods of tears. I just kept on running and running, I had no idea where I was going. I was trying to get home but my mind was too messed up. Suddenly I ran into something hard, I bounced off them or it and fell to the floor. I looked up and saw a hand come towards me to help me up. I grabbed the hand and got off the floor. I wiped away the tears in my eyes and looked to see who it was, it was Zayn.

"Kat, are you okay?" Zayn asked.

"Do I look okay Zayn?" I shouted. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout at you." I apologised.

"Kat, what's wrong?" Zayn put his arm around my waist and led me to a park bench.

"Nothing, just, Me and Liam had a little row that's all." I said, it was more than that but I didn't want to get Zayn involved. He was happy and I didn't want to ruin that.

"It doesn't look like you had a little row, it looks like some hurtful things were said." Zayn said, rubbing my shoulder for comfort.

"Zayn, I really don't want to talk about it." I said, beginning to cry again. Zayn pulled me in to him so I was cuddled up to his chest. His cologne, Gucci by Gucci, was sucking me in.

"How about I take you back to mine and we can have a drink and calm you down." Zayn suggested. "I would like that." I nodded. Zayn put his arm around my waist and led me to his house.

                We arrived at Zayn's quite quickly. We stepped inside and I took a seat on the sofa. Zayn went into the kitchen to get us something to drink. Zayn came back out of the kitchen with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses.

"No, Zayn. I don't really fancy drowning my sorrows in alcohol, but thanks for the offer." I said.

"Just have one glass, for me?" Zayn said, pushing a half full glass of wine towards me. I smiled and shook my head before picking up the glass and taking a sip. I put the glass down and looked at Zayn.

"So fancy telling me what happened?" Zayn said, I nodded. I told him from our special night together to his proposal and then the argument. "Wow, you've had quite some night." he said, also surprised by Liam's actions. We then talked for ages, all about Zayn;s and Paulo's relationship. Then in the background, Marry You by Bruno Mars came on the radio. A tear escaped my eye. Zayn put his glass down and moved closer to me, wiping the tear away. Zayn's eyes glued to mine. My head slowly moved towards Zayn, I dunno why but I couldn't stop myself. Before I knew it, mine and Zayn's lips were touching. I suddenly realised what I was doing and pulled away from Zayn.

"Zayn, I'm so..." Before I could apologise for my actions, mine and Zayn's lips reattached. Our lips moved in sync, the kiss getting more and more passionate every second. I pushed Zayn down onto the sofa and climbed on top of him before kissing him again. Zayn grabbed the bottom of my top and pulled it over my head before firmly placing his arms around my waist. I tugged at Zayn's shirt, signalling for him to take it off. He removed his arms so I could take it off. We carried on kissing passionately for a few minutes before I jumped off Zayn. I ran upstairs and into Zayn's bedroom, Zayn following me. We got on the bed, taking our clothes off on the way. With that, the night was history. A few hours later at 3am, me and Zayn were lay in his bed after a great night. I had completely forgotten about Liam and the problems we had faced. I lay on Zayn's warm chest while his arms rested securely around me. I finally fell asleep in his arms.

               The morning was peaceful and quiet. Me and Zayn were still fast asleep. Suddenly the door slammed. Me and Zayn both shot up, holding the covers so we didn't reveal ourselves. I heard footsteps run down the stairs and a door slamming shut. I looked at Zayn and he looked at me. Whoever caught me and Zayn in bed together was sure to tell Liam what had happened and could possibly be on his way to Liam now.