Chapter Twenty Three

(sorry I haven't updated in a while. Have exams at the moment and been revising. I should be writing a lot more soon. Please comment and vote)

I arrived at Starbucks and walked inside, taking a seat at our usual table. I waited patiently for Liam. I looked at my watch and saw I had been sat here for half an hour, he wasn't usually late. I waited another five minutes to see if he showed up and if he didn't, I was going to leave. 5 minutes went by and I was bored with waiting. I got my bag and started to get up before a waiter approached me.

"Are you Kathryn?" a waiter asked me.

"Yes, how do you..." She handed me a piece of paper before I could finish my sentence. I sat back down at the table and opened what looked like a letter, which read: 'Hey, I see you got my letter. I know I said I would meet you at Starbucks but I can't. Meet me at the cinema and head to the counter. I shall be waiting there for you. Love Liam xx' I smiled, I guess I would forgive him just this once. I left Starbucks and headed for the cinema.

               Half an hour later, I had reached the cinema. I looked inside and saw no Liam, I really hope he's not messing me about. I went inside anyway incase he had nipped to the toilet. I stood by the counter and patiently waited. Within a few minutes, a woman approached me.

"Are you.." I stopped her.

"Yes, I'm Kathryn. Let me guess, another letter from Liam?" I said quite viciously, I didn't mean to take it out on her but I was annoyed Liam had stood me up again. The lady nodded before handing me the letter and scurrying away. I walked outside and sat on a bench. I opened the letter which read: 'Hey, I see you got my other letter. I'm really sorry I didn't turn up. I know I said I would but I'm busy doing something else. How about you meet me at the park? I promise I will be there. Love Liam xx' Too busy to see his own girlfriend? Seriously? What is wrong with this guy. First he stands me up twice and now he's too busy. I had to really consider whether to go to the park or not. If he wasn't there, then I would of been stood up for the 3rd time today and if he is there, then at least if I don't turn up, he will know how i feel. I thought for a few minutes and decided I might as well go, at least if he didn't turn up I could stay out and enjoy myself. I set off for the park.

               I arrived at the park and walked around, guess what, still no Liam. I was really fed up, I turned round and began to walk home. Just as I started walking down the path, someone grabbed me from behind. I started to scream. The person put their hand over my mouth and turned me round. I continued to scream until I opened my eyes and saw Liam staring, smiling at me. I removed his hand from my mouth.

"What do you think you're doing. You just scared the living daylights out of me!" I shouted, smacking his arm. All he did was laugh at me.

"Come with me." He said, grabbing my hand. I pulled my hand away from him, a confused look suddenly took over. "Did I do something wrong?" he asked.

"Yes, you did actually. You stood me up twice today and to be honest, it really pissed me off. Now you should think twice if you think I'm coming with you after what you put me through today." I exclaimed. Liam just laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling me in whatever direction he was going.

"Let go of me!" I shouted. Liam still carried on pulling me before we suddenly came to a halt. I turned round and was gobsmacked. In front of me was a picnic blanket, with candles lay around it and what looked like a candlelit picnic dinner. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. Liam placed his chin on my shoulder and whispered in my ear,

"You like?" I turned round to face him.

"No, I love it." I smiled and kissed his lips gently. I pulled away and looked into his eyes and smiled. He took my hand and led me to the red and white checkered blanket.

"Now before we start. I've got to be honest. I was never going to meet you at any of them places." I shook my head at him but I couldn't help but smile, this was the sweetest thing he had done by far. It wasn't long before he revealed the food from inside the basket and we began to eat.

               2 hours later and we were officially full. We had relocated from the blanket to on top of a hill so we could watch the sunset. I lay in Liam's arm, this was so amazing and I was loving every minute of it.

"Liam, you never told me why you never turned up to any of those places?" I said. Liam smiled and squeezed me, pulling me even closer to him.

"Do you remember what today is?" Liam answered with a question. I hesitated. All I knew was it was a Sunday, I don't recall anything special happening. Liam looked disappointed at my refusal to answer. "Today is our 2 month anniversary." he answered for me. I sat astounded. It had been 2 months already! Then tears began to appear in my eyes, as if I had forgotton. I blinked them away quickly. "All them places I made you visit today are special to us. Starbucks, Where we first got to know each other. Cinema, our first official date. And the park, where we first got together. But I want to make this day a day to remember for years to come." I was confused by what he meant. Liam stood up, pulling me with him and began to sing. 'It's a beautiful night, were looking for something dumb to do, hey baby I think I wanna marry you, Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice, who cares baby I think I wanna marry you.' I smiled. I began blushing and looked down as Liam carried on. 'Just say I do, tell me right now baby, tell me right now baby, baby, oh. Its a beautiful night, were looking for something dumb to do, hey baby I think I wanna marry you.' Liam stopped singing. I looked up and had to stop myself from screaming, but not with excitment. In front of me, was Liam, down on one knee, with a diamond ring in a box, in his hand. He was proposing to me! I really didn't know what to say, we had only been dating 2 months.

"Liam, I...Umm..Well.." I struggled to get my words out.

"Just say I do Kat." Liam said, hopeful I was going to say yes. I closed my eyes and thought this over. It took me a while to reach a conclusion but I had finally reached one. It was a decision that would change the rest of our lives forever.