Chapter Seven

We walked in silence for a while; I shoved my hands in my jean pockets. I listened to the birds beautiful chirping around me. I finally locked eyes with Liam, I think he was waiting for me to speak, his eyes pleading with me. The thoughts kept popping like a continuous stream. I tried to get rid of them but they kept coming.

"Kathryn, Please talk to me, what's wrong?" He asked sympathetically. I debated to myself whether to tell him or not. Suddenly tears appeared in my eyes, the only I could do was run.

"Kathryn!" Liam called after me. I just kept running and running until I saw a tall thick tree which I ran behind and slumped against. I buried my head in my arms and burst out crying. I heard footsteps coming closer. Suddenly I felt an arm snake around my shoulders and pull me close. I could tell it was Liam because of his distinct smell. I buried my head into Liam's chest, I didn't want him to see me like this.

"I'm so sorry Liam, I didn't mean to run off." I said, beginning to sob even more. Liam put his hand under my chin and lifted my head up so I was facing him. He stroked my cheek with his other hand.

"Kat, if it's a relationship your worrying about then we don't have to be in one, we can just stick to being friends."

"It's not that Liam. I thought you didn't want to be in a relationship with me. I thought I was just your friend with benefits." I sobbed a little more. I bowed my head.

"Why would you think that? I would never use you like that." He lifted my head up again. "Kat, I want to be in a serious relationship with you. I want to be able to call you mine. Ring you up at silly times just to say I love you. I want to be able to fall asleep and wake up thinking about you. I want to be able to wake up every morning with you in my arms. I just want you to be mine Kat, forever and always." Liam smiled. I began crying again. "What, did I say something wrong?"

"No Liam. What you just said there was so sweet, I want to feel that too." I lent in and kissed him.

                    We made our way back to where everyone else was. We saw Zayn and Paulo getting on really well; I looked to my left and saw Chloe and Harry making out again.

"Right guys, who says we go to the cinema?" Everyone agreed. Liam entwined his fingers with me as we left the park. Suddenly I thought,

"I don't have any money on me to pay for the cinema." I said frowning.

"Don't worry babe, I'll pay for you." Liam offered.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you don't want to."

"Kat, if I didn't want to then I wouldn't of offered." I smiled and hugged him. The cinema wasn't that far away so we decided to walk; seen as it was such a nice day and having Liam by my side made it all the better. We decided to watch a chick flick, it was Paulo's favourite movie genre. I didn't mind them but I preferred horrors. Me, Liam, Chloe and Harry opted for a horror but Paulo said she would of been too scared. That was the whole point when you're with your loved one, so you can cuddle up to them and they can protect you. We bought the tickets and walked into the almost empty cinema and ran up the stairs to the back row. They were my favourite seats. We quietly chatted until the lights went out, then we shut up for everybody else's sake.

                    We all walked out of screen 4 after the movie had finished. Chloe and Paulo were talking about how good the film was, it was okay, bit too lovey dovey for me. Liam put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, he made me feel safe when he was around. Me and Liam lingered behind everyone else. We noticed how well Paulo and Zayn were getting on. It wasn't very often Paulo got a decent guy. She always chose the good looking ones, but they always had a bad personality, they basically treated her like she was nothing special, just another girl. I was just so happy she had found a great guy. After we left the cinema, we decided to head home. We all walked home together, well most of the way. You see the boys lived on the same complex. When we arrived at the complex, Zayn and Paulo headed off to Zayn's, Chloe and Harry headed off to Harry's and me and Liam headed off to his house.