Chapter Ten

I walked into my living room and plonked myself on the seat in the corner of the room.

"Hello. Nice to see you at last. Where've you been?" My mother asked.

"Out." I replied being very unsocial. I didn't really want to talk to anyone right now apart from Liam. I missed him so much. "I went to the cinema." I added on, I had to tell her before she went all motherzilla on me.

"What did you go and see?" she asked, quite intruiged.

"Oh just some boring chick flick." I replied.

"Who with?" She asked curiously.

"Chloe, Paulo and a few guys we'd meet a few days ago." I didn't really want to mention Liam just yet.

"And who are these guys?" she asked with more curiosity.

"Just some new guys in town. We bumped into them and got talking." I replied. I was really bored with this interrogation and I could tell by her face she clearly didn't believe me.

"These guys didn't happen to include the one you were making out with before?" she said. Shit! She saw me and Liam kissing, this is one thing I didn't want my mum to find out, not just yet anyway. I sighed,

"Yes, he was one of the guys." She laughed like it was all a joke. "What's so funny?" She just blanked me out and carried on laughing before saying,

"So what's he like then?" I smiled before telling her everything about him.

                    I ran upstairs after a great conversation with my mother about Liam. This was a completely different side to my mother I had never experienced before. I felt like I could talk to her about anything, well apart from when I got attacked, she still doesn't know about that and hopefully we will never find out. She was very supportive about mine and Liam's relationship, she even said he could come round here whenever which was a good thing because my mum was always out till late working. I looked at the time, it was 10pm. I decided to get my PJ's on and jumped into bed. Liam was an early bird so I needed all the rest I could get.

                    The sunlight peeped through the gaps between my curtains. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before grabbing my phone to look at the time, 9:30am, oh and 2 missed calls off Chloe. I rung her back and she picked up after 3 rings.

"Kat, I'm coming over." That's all she said and hung up on me.

"Hmm great." I mumbled. I jumped out of bed and walked to my wardrobe. I got out my dark jeans, stripy top and long black cardigan. I got dressed and applied my make up. I then brushed my hair and straightened it. I didn't really like my hair, to be honest I didn't really like anything apart from my eyes, I'm not really content with any other aspect of myself. Chloe strolled into my room 15 minutes later.

"Come in." I said jokingly but it looked like she wasn't in the mood. "So what was so important that you needed to rush over here for?" I asked with a hint of curiosity in my voice.

"What? So I have to have a reason to come over and see my best friend?" she replied, raising her voice.

"Chloe, what's wrong?" Chloe looked down and replied,

"My mum and dad were arguing this morning and I somehow got dragged into it. I just needed to get out of there." I hugged her, I knew how she felt. My parents were already split.

"Chloe, you know if you ever need any space your always welcome here." I smiled and hugged her again.

"Thanks." she replied, hugging me back.