Chapter One

I walked out of my lovely cosy house and into the cold winter's night. I closed the door behind me and began to walk down my path and out through the gate. I was going to meet Chloe like I promised. I have to say it wasn't the best choice but after all she was my best friend and I couldn't leave her in this state. I was afraid of what she was capable of, the boy she had loved more than anything had dumped her after 2 years of a solid relationship. Everything was going great last time I heard and then 10 minutes ago I got a phone call saying he had dumped her. I had now reached the corner of my street, Chloe's house was situated in the right area but was quite far away, there was a shortcut that I usually took that consisted of 2 alleyways I had to pass through. Usually I wouldn't mind because when I took this shortcut it was daytime but now it was night-time, I wasn't so sure. I began to walk down the first alleyway, checking first to see if anyone was there. As I got halfway through the alleyway, I suddenly felt a hand grab my arm and pull my round. I got a quick glimpse of the 5' 11" figure before he pushed me against the wall. I couldn't really make out the figure as it was pretty dark, especially with no street lights shining into the alleyway. I was about to scream but the figure quickly put their hand over my mouth before rummaging through my pockets. The figure took everything he could find and shook me one last time to see if I had any loose change, the figure then pushed me against the wall, resulting in me blacking out. The last thing I remember is the figure running away out of the darkness.

                    I must of been blacked out for about 15 minutes, just as I was coming round, I felt myself being lifted off the ground. My first thought was that the figure had come back to do me some more damage so I couldn't tell the cops but when I managed to make out the height of the figure, he wasn't as tall, just as I was about to take a glimpse at the figure's face, I blacked out again. I woke up quite dazed and found myself in a strange house on a strange sofa. A deep husky voice asked me,

"Are you okay?" I tried to speak but no words came out as my throat really hurt, maybe it was all that effort attempting to scream. The husky voice spoke again,

"Wow you're really shaken up, want a drink?" I managed to nod my head. The male left the room and within a few minutes he returned with a glass of water. He gave me the glass and as I took the glass of him, it was the first time I got a glimpse of him. He was gorgeous! He had brown eyes and short wavy brown hair. He took a seat next to me; I took a sip from my water and turned to face him

"Is that better?" he asked me. I smiled and nodded,

"Yes thanks." I put my glass down on the table and said,

"Thanks so much for...well...saving my life I guess." I didn't know if this made me sound like an idiot or not but we were about to find out.

"Your welcome, when I just saw you lying there and this guy running off, I thought you had been murdered, but then you mumbled something before blacking out, anyway I will stop talking about it." he paused then said "Oh by the way, I'm Liam." He smiled and stuck his hand out. I shook his hand and replied,

"I'm Kathryn but I prefer Kat." He flashed his smile at me. I grabbed my water and down it, surprisingly I still didn't feel hydrated.

"That's a nice name." I just smiled. I hated my name; I don't know why so many people adored it. I tried to sit up but I yelped out in pain. Liam quickly diverted his attention to me and helped me sit up, trying to cause as little pain as possible; he then asked me,

"Want another glass of water?" I smiled and nodded.

                    This time When Liam came back he had 2 glasses, he handed one to me and put the other on the table in front of him before placing himself next to me.

"So are there any cuts or bruises?" He said, shining me his very irresistible smile of his.

"Well I had that sharp pain in my back, that could be something and also the back of my head is hurting." My back must of been hurting when he pushed me against the wall and pain in my head obviously caused me to black out.

"Want me to take a look for you? I won't if you don't want me to." I was quite self conscious about my body, even though I only had a size 10 waist. After debating in my head whether or not I should let Liam have a look, I decided it might be best if he did, what could be the harm in that. I turned round very slowly, trying to keep the pain threshold as low as possible so my back was facing Liam. He slowly lifted the back of my shirt up to reveal a massive purple bruise stretching from the top to the bottom of my back along my spine. Liam cringed and said,

"This doesn't look too good!" He then diverted his attention to my head and said,

"This doesn't look too good either!" he told me I had quite a big lump on the back of my head from where it hit the wall.

"Maybe..." Just as Liam was about to offer me some advice my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Kathryn? Where are you?! I have been waiting for you for about an hour now and you still haven't turned up. Has something else come up? Something more important than me and my problems?!" She began sobbing down the phone.

"Don't worry Chloe, I'm on my way now...long story though, will explain when I get there." I hung up and got up quickly before falling back onto the sofa again in a huge amount of pain. I got myself up slowly this time and headed for the door before Liam stopped me.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked in a sympathetic voice, it sounded like he liked my company.

"I've got to go, I forgot I needed to meet my best friend. Thanks for looking after me." I opened the door and was about to exit when a hand grabbed mine and pulled me round.

"At least let me walk you there?" I immediately agreed and exited the house with Liam following me. The journey to Chloe's was laugh, I actually realised that me and Liam had quite a lot in common. When we reached Chloe's house, Liam asked for my phone, I suspiciously gave it to him. After a minute he handed my phone back to me with a huge grin on his face before placing a kiss on my cheek and leaving. I looked at my phone and saw that he had put his number in my phone. I was quite lucky actually that my phone was the only thing that didn't get stolen as I had put it down my bra. I smiled before placing the phone in my pocket and walking towards Chloe's front door.