Chapter Fifteen

After a while of silence, the knocking started again. Just when I thought he had gone, he obviously hadn't. I couldn't face him again, not today anyway.

"Kathryn!" I heard a familiar voice shout, it was Chloe. I jumped off the bed and ran down the stairs. By the time I had got to the bottom she was banging on the door, actually I could hear her banging from the top of the stairs.

"Okay okay,  calm down Chloe, I'm coming!" I shouted. I opened the door and she was obviously about to knock again because she nearly hit me in the face.

"Hey Kathryn. Look please don't close the door." Chloe said. I gave her a confused look.

"Why would I close the door?" I asked. Just as she was about to reply I saw Liam walking up towards my house. I shot Chloe an evil look but she just backed away mouthing 'good luck' before disappearing out of sight. I walked towards my sofa and sat down. I turned round and saw Liam stood in my doorway. Our eyes met, I never realised how gorgeous his eyes were, well I did but not in a situation like this. Snap out of it Kathryn, this dirt bag cheated on you!

"Kat, please, you've got it all wrong. I would never cheat on you and you should know that. When I said I wanted to be with you forever I meant it." His eyes pleaded with me. I turned away from him, a tear escaping my eye. I heard footsteps behind me and all of a sudden I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"Kat, you mean the world to me. You always have and you always will, please don't let a stupid picture ruin the beautiful relationship we had. You know Leigh sent you that message, she's a lying bitch. Your not telling me you believe her over me?" he questioned.

"But what about that picture huh? Am I supposed to just forget you cheated on me?" I shouted. I didn't mean to but I was angry.

"That picture?" he started laughing. Hang on, had a missed something? "That picture is of me and my ex girlfriend, Shannon...from last year. We broke up, well she broke up with me." he added.

"Well if it was a year ago, why is it still on Leigh's phone? She's obviously got it for a reason!" I was pushing him, he has to crack sometime and admit it. He started laughing again, what's wrong with this guy?

"The thing is, Leigh likes me, she has for a while. She's the one who split me and Shannon up. Just because she couldn't be happy with me, she decided I shouldn't be happy either!"

"And you really expect me to believe that?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Kat, you should believe me, I'm your boyfriend, I think."

"Oh, so your bribing me now are you? Anyway, I thought Leigh was with Niall?" I asked, curious.

"She is but I think she's only with him to either get closer to me or get me off her mind. I don't know, I swear there's something wrong with her." he laughed a little. I really didn't see the funny side in any of this really. I closed my eyes and thought everything through before finally coming to a decision.

"Liam, I think you should leave for a few days, let me think things through. I don't know what I want anymore and to be honest your not helping." Liam gave me another pleading luck but I just turned away from him. I heard him sigh and walk to the door.

"Fine. If time's what you need then so be it. Bye!" And with that, he left, slamming the door behind him. I tried to stop the tears from coming but I couldn't, it had felt like my heart had been shattered into a million pieces. I was beginning to think what it all worth it, was he worth it. Don't get me wrong I loved him, I think but he has caused me so much pain in the fast few days I don't know if I could face it ever again. I decided I needed to clear my head so I ran upstairs and got changed into my sweats. I ran back downstairs and got a water bottle out of the fridge. I decided to go for a run, I had nothing better to do.

              I ran out the door and closed it behind me and began running down the street, the sun beaming down on me. I decided I was going to jog up to the field and back seen as it was a nice day. 10 minutes later and I had reached the alleyway I had previously been attacked in, I shivered before sprinting through it. Within half an hour I had reached the field. I look on the bank and noticed a familiar figure, as I got closer I noticed it was Niall.

"Hi!" I shouted, getting his attention.

"Hey." Niall shouted back, very unenthusiastically. I jogged over and took a seat next to him.

"Sup?" I said, noticing the sorrow in his voice.

"Nothing." he replied.

"Niall, I know there's something wrong now tell me." he sighed.

"Nothing, honestly. It's just me and Leigh have grown apart recently." he said

"Tell me all about it." I said. He told me everything, how they never spent any time together, how they hardly talked and how he felt she was just using him for sex.

"I hope something improves. You know, if you ever need someone to talk to, you know where I am." I smiled. He smiled back. I put my arms around him and gave him a hug. We hugged for a few seconds before I pulled away. I looked into his eyes and smiled. Suddenly I noticed his face inching closer to mine. Within a few seconds our lips had met. I snaked my arms around his neck while his snaked around my waist, pulling me closer. Within a few minutes, I was led on top of him, our tongues meeting regularly. Suddenly it had clicked, I was snogging Niall. I pulled away and jumped up.

"Did I do something wrong?" Niall asked sorrowfully.

"No you didn't but I did." And with that, I ran home. I felt so bad. Even if Liam hadn't of cheated on me, I had definitely cheated on him