Everything Stays

"It's been five days since I've debuted as a professional hero. There haven't been any serious incidents so far. However, for some reason Genos is staying at our ho—"

"Sai, what did I tell you about putting your feet on the table?"

"...That I shouldn't?"

"Yes, and that if you don't, you'll be sleeping on the couch for the night"

The hero didn't need to be told twice before he swiftly planted his feet on the carpeted floor instead, afraid of earning your ire, especially since you were pressed against his side while you were both seated on the loveseat.

.

.

.

.

The sound of a pencil scratching against paper and typing filled the living room as the lady of the house and its newest resident wrote their respective stories.

Seeing as you were an author, Saitama didn't need to ask to know what you were typing, but the same can't be said for Genos whose hand showed no signs of stopping whatever it was he was writing on his notebook.

Curiosity got the best of him and he found himself asking the blond what he was writing.

"I'm recording the details of your lesson and training regimen. I'm also writing my novel about you and (Name)-san--"

"Crap, he's raising the bar again. I can't think of a single thing I can teach the guy"

At the sight of your clearly distressed husband, you ceased your typing and slipped your hand into the one he'd placed on his leg. Squeezing the larger and much more powerful appendage with your own soft and gentle one as you spoke up in hopes of

"Oh, I just remembered. Have you done any hero work lately, dear? I read from the Hero Association's official website that if C Class heroes don't do any work for a week, they'll be removed from the hero registry"

The strongest man in the world internally sighed in relief at the change of topic, squeezing your hand back as thanks for changing the subject.

"Will you be alright, sensei?"

Wait. Just. A. Minute.

He hadn't had any hero activity for almost a week.

"THEY SAID THAT?!?!?!"

"They did, Sai/Yes, sensei"

You had to stifle your laughter as Genos explained to your husband how he had to be the one to go out and look for people to help, because the news only reported major incidents.

Even until Saitama was still too lazy to actually read things such as rules and instructions, making you recall some fond memories of you trying to help him with his schoolwork back when you were but mere students.

Some things never change.