Aftershock

"GIVE IT UP! GIVE IT UP! GIVE IT UP!!!"

There was anger, but mostly there was disappointment.

Are humans really this terrible? So desperate to find someone to blame for misfortunes and tragedies that turn on the man who was their salvation from certain doom?!

The collective shouts of the same people whom your husband selflessly protected and saved day by day was deafening as they demanded for him to stop his life's passion.

You could feel your heart clenching as tears threatened to escape from your eyes. Tears born from overwhelming rage and sorrow at the ungratefulness of the people Saitama swore to protect and at the heroes who should have their sights set on defending others and not something as petty as popularity or ranking.

While you were realistic enough to know that not all heroes were ones because it was a noble pursuit, examples being Amai Mask, Snek, and the Tank Top Brothers themselves, but never did you expect for any hero to sink to such levels as to demoralize and actually break another fellow hero's spirit all for something as stupid as a ranking!

Though Saitama was someone who didn't let the words of others affect him too much, you couldn't help but feel despair pooling inside of you at how they all spat on him for doing his job.

No, this wasn't merely a job for your him. This was his dream and to have so many people demand for him to give up on it...you wanted to just take his hand and leave already.

Although no one could see it unless they perhaps had the ability to see auras, something inside of you darkened, but whether or not it would cause problems in the future was too early to tell.