To Be a Hero

You didn't know how you were going to protect Mumen Rider.

But you were never going to know if you don't try, right?

Or at least that's what you kept telling yourself as you ran towards the bicycle-riding hero. Deaf to the chanting of the crowd as they encouraged him, unaware of the imminent danger their hero was facing.

Despite how precious their support for him was, Mumen Rider wasn't going to gain a burst of strength to defeat the Deep-Sea King from just that.

The world didn't work that way

Your legs felt as if they were on fire as you moved closer to the fight, heart pounding and all your remaining sense screeching for you to stop and get back to safety after just barely escaping death's embrace.

You didn't stop however

You couldn't stop

Not when someone's life was on the line and you could do something to protect them if you were just brave enough.

There was no time to think, only act

The Deep-Sea King's fist was about to come down on the hero and end his life.

Despite being as powerless as you, Mumen Rider didn't hesitate for a second as he fought to protect the innocent.

You were tired of always having to be protected by everyone.

Of being powerless whenever a situation like this presented itself.

So even for just this first and last time, you wanted to be someone else's hero.

You tackled the C Class hero and shielded his body with your own as the monster initiated his attack.

"Please...even for just this once....let me protect someone else"